The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review] Money Switch by Mickael Chatelain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Money Switch – Mickael Chatelain

Product description : We know Mickael Chatelain because of his many gimmicks with cards, he is one of the most prolific creator out there. This time, he tried to change a little bit by creating a trick with money, bills. The idea is very simple, you show a 10€ bill and, within 3 simple moves, you change it to a 20€ bill ! So is there a need for a gimmicked version of this when a tt can do almost the same ? Let’s find out !

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $29.95 and you can find it in nearly every Murphy's magic « partner » shop !

What you get : You get the usual ziplock bag, which is very common with the newest Mickael’s release. I’m sure he could do a nice little packaging but no, just a ziplock bag and a printed piece of paper to show the trick. Inside, you will find a piece of paper with the link for the explanation video, it’s shot in a very simple way but the instructions are well made so you can build your gimmick easily. The gimmicks are quite well made, nothing to worry about, you get enough gimmick to make 2 main gimmicks. Overall, I’m pretty happy with this, you have to do some Art & Craft but at the end, it’s still very easy to make. The visual of the trick is very impressive. For $30, I would say I’m happy with it.

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4s7ifjKQ1U

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
– The packaging could have been better, I know it’s not a lot but still, some efforts have to be made.
– The bill is not instantly examinable, you have to switch for another one in order to give it to your spectator.
– The explanation video could have been better too, it’s not much again but when we see other company which are doing incredible work for their video, it’s sad to see other don’t really care about it.
– People can’t be behind you when you do the change.

THE PROS :
– The gimmick is really easy to make, even if you’re not good at Art&Craft, the material provided looks durable. You will be able to make the gimmick in minutes.
– It’s a very visual changing bill routine, the fact that you only do 3 moves during the routine is quite interesting because nothing is hidden or behind your hand at any time.
– You can change bills which are different in size but it must be first a small one then a big one. That’s the fact with the 10€ and 20€. I do think we can change bill of the same size.
– It’s very easy to do, if you can fold a bill, you will be able to do Money Switch in seconds.
– You can change anything into anything, from newspaper, bills, receipt.. Your imagination is the only limit.
– You don’t have to destroy any bill during the making of the gimmick, if you use rubber cement, you will be able to separate the gimmick in order to get back your bills !
– You don’t use a TT in this trick, so your hands are clean but not the bills.
– The reset is quite quick but not instant, you could do it in front of the spectators, if you hide the bill behind your hand.

Overall rating : It’s a good trick, the transformation is very visual, it’s easy to do but I do not think this will replace my change with a TT, mainly because I can borrow and hand out the bill, 3/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, if you know how to fold a bill, it shouldn’t be a problem for you, I would say 2/5 stars.

Similar products : The $100 bill change is still the best IMO, in the same “kind” of gimmick, you can check Mark Lavelle Changeling

If you liked this review, make sure to check my other ones on my website, link in the signature !
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
MikeLiu
View Profile
Regular user
vancouver
120 Posts

Profile of MikeLiu
Worth it ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review] Money Switch by Mickael Chatelain (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL