The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Docc Hilford Site (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Has he really been hurt? Who knows? I say pics or it didn't happen. He can attach a selfie pic just as easy as a stock photo. He's married; she doesn't have insurance either? Fool me once...
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2018, Jonathan1000 wrote:
There's an internal war in my psyche right now. Part of me agrees completely with Bartelli; Hilford cheated me and then lied to PayPal about it when I asked for a refund. The other part is telling me I should have compassion for a fellow magician who's been injured and is in need. Being a mentalist, I'm pretty decent at holding two mutually contradictory POVs at the same time. Smile

Still, even if Hilford's rotator cuffs were injured in a traffic accident, it's hard to get beyond how he treated his loyal patrons.

This is the kind of reasoning that has gone on in the Café for a long time. After being cheated by some well known mentalists, I have little compassion. The magic biz is rife with this stuff and many people think you should have compassion, blah, blah. I separate my compassion from my business dealings. If you set yourself up as a business, people should expect honest dealing and prompt service. Just like expect at McDonalds or Walmart. Business is business. If you don't deliver, you should go out of business. If I want to feel sorry for a guy in a bad way, that's outside business. I may give him money or whatever. Some people think you should forgive all the shady business stuff because they are creators or what not. I say BS. I would at least like to see one of these guys apologize for their mistakes and make them right. That, at least would be a start to a new relationship with customers. BTW, most of this stuff peddled is unnecessary to creating a great act. You can be world class with $200 worth of books and gimmicks.
Docc Hilford
View Profile
V.I.P.
377 Posts

Profile of Docc Hilford
Hi everybody,
I've had web site design problems for years now!
DoccHilfordProducts.com "should" be directed to
iEntertainer.net

That was a major project that got out of hand for the developer.
God bless him, he tried hard to build a performing center for us all.

So...
With my car crash injuries and the need to fix my website at hand, you can find me at:
http://ientertainer.net/store/docc-hilford
Or
DoccLecture@hotmail.com
The same email I've had for 15 years...
or,
305 335-3811
Feel free to Voicemail or TEXT me.

And YES, 2 days left for 60% OFF!

Just before the wave of NEW items.
Peace
Docc
Docc Hilford
View Profile
V.I.P.
377 Posts

Profile of Docc Hilford
Just for the record,
I have NEVER been involved in "shady" business and I resent any implication that I have.
I've been her for 40 YEARS!
And if someone did get a book, and it was my fault, I have ALWAYS made it good.

Hermit,
Come on man!
Really?
CHEATED?
Ha! I'm done.
Wow.
I don't know who you're angry at, but I'm not that guy.
So... good luck, hope you feel better about magic and all.

Jonathon, my friend,
That is not what I told you.
I said you bought an item and have received it.
Now...
You WILL get the FREE bonus when IT IS RELEASED.
You have what I have.
The FREE MP4 is NOT READY TO UPLOAD.
Gee... I'm sorry you are so upset that I can't upload the last item so you can have it.
Believe me... I wish I was sitting in my office instead of in physical therapy.
Be patient my friend.
The 100% FREE item will be given to you.
Cheated?
Out of a FREE $49 BONUS item?
That's coming???

I'm a ONE MAN operation.
Haters, feel free to submit your resumés and I'll look them over.
Then YOU can help me record, edit, and upload the new pieces.

And SPONGE!
Call me brother.
Really - don't PM me here.
I'd LOVE to talk to you face to face after that comment.
What a hurtful, awful, juvenile comment to make.
To ask for a pic of me and my injuries????
That's simply childish.

And THAT'S why I don't come to the green room often- bad vides, man.
Have fun ya'all
PEACE OUT!!!

Docc
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2018, Docc Hilford wrote:

And SPONGE!
Call me brother.
Really - don't PM me here.
I'd LOVE to talk to you face to face after that comment.
What a hurtful, awful, juvenile comment to make.
To ask for a pic of me and my injuries????
That's simply childish.

Docc

Docc,

Other performers have shown pics of their injures or misfortunes in the past, so doesn't seem unreasonable or unusual to me. Maybe it is.

For the record, and this is gonna sound odd, BUT I really like you, you're very charismatic, and seem like a nice, great guy in person, emails, etc. And I have other nice things to say about you too.

BUT, even the greats sometimes get in binds and tell little fibs. What can I say? I'm a bit jaded.

And I think I just really want more of your seance stuff.

And, if you've had the misfortune to be in another car accident, then I wish you speedy recovery.

s
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2018, the Sponge wrote:
Has he really been hurt? Who knows? I say pics or it didn't happen. He can attach a selfie pic just as easy as a stock photo. He's married; she doesn't have insurance either? Fool me once...

Imagine that. Requesting injury photos like a smug and arrogant law enforcement official. A gross deviation from decent behavior.
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2018, Docc Hilford wrote:

Hermit,
Come on man!
Really?
CHEATED?
Ha! I'm done.
Wow.
I don't know who you're angry at, but I'm not that guy.
So... good luck, hope you feel better about magic and all.

Docc

Just to be clear, I have not been cheated by you and am not angry with you. I find your promotion approach a little odd, but that's your business. I was responding to a comment from a guy that felt conflicted over whether he should buy because he feels sorry for someone even though he claims to have been ripped off. I don't know if the claims here are true about you or not. I take no sides. I have been ripped off by other mentalists who promoted heavily here. There are plenty of threads about them that have been erased. There are lots of people here that feel you should give a pass to being ripped off because of creative talent or what not. I disagree with that. Part of 'magicians helping magicians' is alerting others to bad business dealings. If they are lying, the creator should call them out. There have been several threads regarding your business dealings. If they're wrong, get involved and show them to be liars. We live in a world where customers have more power regarding reviews and business dealings being made public. With that comes petty people telling stories. Unfortunately the business owner has to deal with this stuff, it's part of being in business today. Anyone here that has had a grip with you and got it resolved owes it to the community to tell that story as well. Calling people 'haters' because they feel they have legitimate customer issues with you is probably not the best way to promote your latest sale. But, you run your business the way you want. I feel fine about magic.
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
668 Posts

Profile of brehan
If you have a problem lean over and wishper it in doccs ear.
Be gentel the man has had a car accident.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2018, the Sponge wrote:
Other performers have shown pics of their injures or misfortunes in the past, so doesn't seem unreasonable or unusual to me. Maybe it is.

It's beyond unreasonable actually. It's gross. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm nobody's apologist and I, personally, won't buy anything from Docc until this whole thing (misunderstanding or not) with him delivering is resolved. But to say what you just did... ugh.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
I didn't want gross pictures or actual pictures of his injury like Finley. Sheesh.
Dreda
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Dreda
"NEW SEANCES COMING IN AUGUST 2018!"

god heard yours calls hahaha.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Is Docc's site down???? keep getting "OPPS something went wrong" if I click on any of his items
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
He has a new site http://docchilford.com/ but he doesn't have everything moved over yet.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks cardistry master, appreciated
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Your welcome I wonder if he'll make all the stuff from his old site available again. Some of it looked pretty good.
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
I wish he had all the products from old website available again
snm
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of snm
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2020, Psy wrote:
I wish he had all the products from old website available again

Me too. I thought he was transitioning everything over to a new site or something but it looks like that never happened.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Docc Hilford Site (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL