The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Paris Agreement (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12~13~14 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oh my lord you are a one note song. Yes the military and America suck. Satisfied?

What exactly is your solution to fight evil in the World? Or do you somehow think WWII would have stayed confined within only the geographic borders of those who wanted to participate?

I get it war is bad. But is being conquered any better somehow in your mind?

You seem to have so many complaints and never solutions. What is your solution to our military? Tip to tail what is your alternative? And to capitalism. What other solutions do you have front to back? It is easy to complain and point out faults. Can go all day no problem. Now offer solutions that work in the world and not a vacuum. Otherwise it is hot air and nothing more.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
"Fighting evil in the world?" define that!! Lynn
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Some guys show up and bomb Pearl Harbor. Start with that.

I'm not talking about being a world cop. I am talking about the ability to defend oneself. Unless you simply believe it is not necessary. Then discussion over. If you really believe with no standing army we would never be in a war or in danger there is no need for discussion.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2017, landmark wrote:
, when the main polluters by far are the militaries of the world. Cut out the warmongering and climate change will have a chance of being solved. Without that, you can recycle to your heart's content.

Got a source for that, Jack? This report says that the war in Iraq was contributing about 43MT of carbon emission. Not sure if that number is just for the US or for all military action combined.

Quote:
UNL researchers Adam Liska and Richard Perrin estimate that emissions of heat-trapping gases resulting from military protection of supertankers in the Persian Gulf amount to 34.4 million metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalent a year. In addition, the war in Iraq releases another 43.3 million metric tons of CO2 annually.

"Our conservative estimate of emissions from military security alone raises the greenhouse gas intensity of gasoline derived from imported Middle Eastern oil by 8 to 18 percent."

These are significant numbers, but given the US's total emissions are around 6GT annually, it's hard to see how the military is "by far" the main polluter. A significant polluter, to be sure, but I'm not seeing evidence of your "by far" claim.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Also to discourage personal commitment to recycling is absurd. Yes one person can make a difference.

Ourpersonal commitment may very well be all we get in this and it certainly is the ONLY thing we can control.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The very term environmental science was coined by Nazi military scientists, brought into the USA after World War II under operation paperclip to study the effects of Nukes on the climate. Not many know that. JFK spoke at the UN about controlling the weather and using it as weapon circa 1960s. War is essentially about control of resources and that is what it's all about Alfie. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Speaking of recycling and renewable energy -

http://www.intelligentnow.org/2017/06/sw......ary.html

You put a heavy tax on fossil fuels and look what happens.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
Also to discourage personal commitment to recycling is absurd. Yes one person can make a difference.

Our personal commitment may very well be all we get in this and it certainly is the ONLY thing we can control.

I recycle myself. But I am under no illusions that that is going to solve climate or pollution problems. Historically, the way that individuals have made large differences in the world is by uniting with others and working on changing things on a systemic basis. Rosa Parks made a large difference in the world because she was part of a concerted campaign to overthrow Jim Crow in the South, not because she alone didn't get up from her bus seat one day. The history there is interesting and relevant.

John, if you look back at my post, I mentioned the militaries of the world. If the US alone is responsible for the amount your source says, then the world military contribution is an essential component to the solution.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The interrelation between the emissions and the economy and our apparent ability to control either one with the other is the very definition of climate science. Obviously, when the economy is up then so is emissions and vice versa. The first thing that comes out the charts is that carbon emissions have grown strongly, and at 33 billion tons are now 40% higher than in 2000. In fact, they have grown every single year – with the notable exception of 2009, when the world economy was coping with the devastating effects of the global financial crisis. The global financial crisis is then what cutting carbon emissions will look like. A global financial crisis is then what these large parades full of hysterical climate change advocates, who are the best example of manipulation-by-propaganda that exists today, who have adopted a cause without knowing the facts or the promoters, and they treat it more as a religion than a secular cause, who rely on sex perverts at Snopes, etcetera, want. Or rather that is all they will get, whether they want it or know it or not if they get their way.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
Some guys show up and bomb Pearl Harbor. Start with that.

I'm not talking about being a world cop. I am talking about the ability to defend oneself. Unless you simply believe it is not necessary. Then discussion over. If you really believe with no standing army we would never be in a war or in danger there is no need for discussion.

Self defense does not necessarily equal "fighting evil in the world"! One could start with Pearl Harbor; but one could also start with killing the Native Americans or the institution of slavery. You read too much in my single question. Lynn
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Keeping evil from attacking you is maybe a better way to put it.

How do you stop evil from opening your door and hurting you with no army?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:

Open to suggestions about that. The problem of evil in the world has been with us for a very long time.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:

We're not stopping them from hurting us with the army. According to the talking heads we're in more danger than ever before.

Maybe a better way would be to not do evil things which create more evil people; and at the same time use the money to fix our own problems.

And absolutely NO ONE has said to do away with the army...btw.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Quote by Club of Rome: "In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill....All these dangers are caused by human intervention....and thus the “real enemy, then, is humanity itself....believe humanity requires a common motivation, namely a common adversary in order to realize world government. It does not matter if this common enemy is “a real one or….one invented for the purpose."

How do we stop an invented evil?

Do we give it a sacifice perhaps?

Maybe if we behalf the way the high priests tell us to and give it loads of cash then it will leave us alone?

How about we give it a trillion dollars a decade to start with?

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
"In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill.

I am certainly happy for you that you live in a world where pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages and famines are only fantasies.

Perhaps one day you might tell those of us who live on the imperfect Earth just how that was achieved on your planet.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2017, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:

We're not stopping them from hurting us with the army. According to the talking heads we're in more danger than ever before.

Maybe a better way would be to not do evil things which create more evil people; and at the same time use the money to fix our own problems.

So nobody is doing anything evil that America didn't cause?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Here's a gift for you Danny -

http://constitutionus.com/

Now, you have said on MANY occasions, that you're not equal to the task of understanding complicated issues; but since I read and understood it when I was eight, so you should be able to muddle through.

Take your time and read it through; then get back to me.

It's important.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2017, tommy wrote:

Do we give it a sacifice perhaps?

Maybe if we behalf the way the high priests tell us to and give it loads of cash then it will leave us alone?

How about we give it a trillion dollars a decade to start with?

No. We be nice to them, welcome them into our country with open arms, adhere-submit to "their god" because if we all don't they WILL kill everyone that doesn't (but that's only a minor point) and agree that climate change is happening and going to cause devastation! Once we do all these things "they" will leave us alone.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2017, tommy wrote:

Well, we could stop indoctrinating our children with hate filled dogma of all types, and prevent evil from being invented in the first place.

If only for the new experience.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2017, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Here's a gift for you Danny -

http://constitutionus.com/

Now, you have said on MANY occasions, that you're not equal to the task of understanding complicated issues; but since I read and understood it when I was eight, so you should be able to muddle through.

Take your time and read it through; then get back to me.

It's important.

You can be a condescending nit all you want. It still doesn't answer my questions. Being the world's foremost authority on everything and everyone else being an idiot why can't you just explain?

Being arrogant is not the same as being correct. Try being correct .

I have always questioned your understanding of the Constitution, though I do admit you have about the understanding an 8 year old would of it yes. Might be a good idea to read it again with a hopefully more developed brain.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Paris Agreement (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL