The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » The one twist balloon Doggy? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoeyHart
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of JoeyHart
Hello!

i wondered if anybody has a resources for speed making a balloon animal with seemly one twist. I don't even know if this is possible or a method exists...

What I mean is that I would like to be able to blow up a balloon and make series of moves holding a balloon - like folding my arms or one behind back - when I unfold my arms, there is a balloon animal.

Does anybody know if this can be achieved??

Thanks in advance!
MG
TKD27
View Profile
Veteran user
Meriden, CT
399 Posts

Profile of TKD27
With a TON of practice you can learn to make a balloon dog one handed, so you could do it behind your back.

I don't think it's possible to do a dog with one twist, but the sword can be done with one twist. I guess you could do a really basic fish as a one twist, too (though you'd probably need to cross one of the tails through the body in order to keep it from untwisting, which would technically make it a two twist sculpture.
JoeyHart
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of JoeyHart
Hi thanks for the knowledge!

One hand dog sounds good - do you know if there any literature on this or mainly trial and error?
JoeyHart
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of JoeyHart
NYCTwister
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2017, JoeyHart wrote:
Found it!

https://youtu.be/74jyjDV2M2A

You better have big hands brother.
"Those who can make you believe in absurdities, can get you to commit atrocities" - Voltaire
Dollarbill
View Profile
Elite user
462 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
He wanted a 1 twist balloon not one handed. Smile. Just sayin'.
"and these two go in my pocket"
JoeyHart
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of JoeyHart
True but this one handed balloon is a good workout and I've thought of a nice way to use it.

If you, dollarbill, can point me in the right direction, I'd like to go there!
NYCTwister
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
You can twist an awareness ribbon with one twist, one handed, but it wouldn't be very impressive.
"Those who can make you believe in absurdities, can get you to commit atrocities" - Voltaire
TKD27
View Profile
Veteran user
Meriden, CT
399 Posts

Profile of TKD27
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2017, Dollarbill wrote:
He wanted a 1 twist balloon not one handed. Smile. Just sayin'.

I know, but there isn't a way. I was pointing out that a one handed dog might meet his needs.

Glad you found a resource for it. Buster Balloon also teaches it in one of his balloon tricks videos. He has two volumes, both available for purchase at www.balloon-animals.com .

Good luck learning it! I tried, couldn't do it. I'm sure I could get it eventually, but I didn't really want to put in the painful hours learning it (your arms BURN when you try to do it).
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
312 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
You could tie knot in it with one hand or make it into a pretzel with one move. Once it's inflated (and tied off), you cross your arms across your chest, pick up the balloon, and when you uncross your arms, it ties the balloon into a pretzel (or knot). This is usually done as a rope trick. It's more of a gotcha or a betcha trick than a magic trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » The one twist balloon Doggy? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL