The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Rubber band info requested... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2017, David French wrote:
Joe -

Ah thanks for that clarification. You are right, there are tons of rubber band tricks out there. I only do CHM and for that use the #16, so forgive my focused view. I would love to see you (someday) come out with the #16 in yellow. Maybe there is a market?

David

I would be first in line to get rainbow or even single color #16 bands. Since there is nobody making these in color Joe would have a monopoly on them. Even office supply would be interested. Maybe Joe should post the question how many of you would be interested to purchase color bands in size #16 and see how many replies you get. Call them Exclusive CMH Color Bands make the market for them. Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Size #16 is available in bright blue (I believe) but it is rather expensive for what you get. The brand name is "Brights"
https://www.amazon.com/Alliance-Rubber-0......01S28Q4Q

the #16 is the blue and you only get a few. the #19's are the yellow and the rest are not great sizes for most rubber band effects on the market. If you must have #16 in a color - grab a couple boxes and consider it an investment. If you hands are really so small that you cannot get 19's to work, I would grab a 1/4 pound box of the Alliance Pale Crepe Golds and be set for years. https://www.amazon.com/Pale-Crepe-Gold-R......16&psc=1

Until Casshan Wallace came out with "Melting Point" (Orange and blue size 19's) and the subsequent intro of Joes wonderful line (All 19's) All I ever used (as far as good bands ) were Pale Crepe Gold size 19's

The whole idea of the new "colors" being size 19 (as I understand) is that a lot of the newer stuff that Joe and some others have been releasing recently need much larger bands that stretch further than you could do with a 16. However, do not count out the massive amount of stuff you can do with a few size 16 Pale Crepe Golds. In fact, the Pale Crepe Golds are much better than colored bands in many great effects.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2017, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Size #16 is available in bright blue (I believe) but it is rather expensive for what you get. The brand name is "Brights"
https://www.amazon.com/Alliance-Rubber-0......01S28Q4Q

the #16 is the blue and you only get a few. the #19's are the yellow and the rest are not great sizes for most rubber band effects on the market. If you must have #16 in a color - grab a couple boxes and consider it an investment. If you hands are really so small that you cannot get 19's to work, I would grab a 1/4 pound box of the Alliance Pale Crepe Golds and be set for years. https://www.amazon.com/Pale-Crepe-Gold-R......16&psc=1

Until Casshan Wallace came out with "Melting Point" (Orange and blue size 19's) and the subsequent intro of Joes wonderful line (All 19's) All I ever used (as far as good bands ) were Pale Crepe Gold size 19's

The whole idea of the new "colors" being size 19 (as I understand) is that a lot of the newer stuff that Joe and some others have been releasing recently need much larger bands that stretch further than you could do with a 16. However, do not count out the massive amount of stuff you can do with a few size 16 Pale Crepe Golds. In fact, the Pale Crepe Golds are much better than colored bands in many great effects.

Thanks for the interesting info and the first link to a color #16 bands. I try to shy away from buying large bulk of bands after buying the large bag of expensive bands for the effect Pinnacle since those went bad all at the same time so quickly. What are some of the massive amount of stuff that can be done with #16 crepe gold vs color. Is it that gold helps hide some moves better that a darker colors.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
The "camo" feature with the pale crepe for torn and restored bands as well as other principles was what I meant. The massive amount of effects that can be done... just look at all 3 of Dan Harlan's rubber band magic DVDs put out by L&L. All of that was done before color bands were even a thing. Color bands have advantages when it comes to color changing routines and such but if they just won't fit your fingers, they just won't fit your fingers.

Michael Ammar used and recommended size 19 for CMH for years. At his recent (couple years now) At The Table lecture, he said that he has since changed to size 16 as they look better (and I believe he has smaller hands too). They both work and they both work well. It boils down to comfort I guess. I have used both, I actually prefer size 16 (for CMH and Snap) even though I have huge hands, but since I usually have a bunch of #19 color bands on me, I just use them.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
I can get #19 to work but have to stretch fingers to uncomfortable extreme and slips off too easy. I will get all three of Dan Harlan's dvd's. You have any favorites you do that is not too hard I will find on these dvd's.

Thanks
Blaine G
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Blaine G
Mr. Wizard
You wrote "those went bad all at the same time so quickly."
Keep your bands in the refrigerator
wizard75d
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of wizard75d
Hi Seraph127,
There is some great advice here re the workings of the bands. In your original post you asked about tricks that involved rubber bands being wrapped around the deck. I don't think it was mentioned here, but David Jade has a trick called Pixel (for sale on Dan and Daves site I believe). This is ungimmicked and looks exactly as it does in the trailer. A really great effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Rubber band info requested... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL