The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » The Bammo Tarodiction Toolbox (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
Bob Farmer has a new release called The Bammo Tarodiction Toolbox, Matthew Field describes it as “a genuinely new method for secretly arranging cards quickly, accurately, and right in front of the spectators' noses.”

One of the reasons for posting it in this forum is that it includes a method for stacking a deck in Mnemonica or Aronson order or Stebbins order (or any order!) that takes less than two and half minutes to complete (there is no faster method).

And Bob has just posted out an addendum of which Michael Close has said "I just made up a deck stacked in Aronson and marked with the "learners" marks that Bob describes in his new addendum. I shuffled the stack and (with no practice whatsoever) went from a shuffled deck to Aronson order in two minutes flat. With familiarity with the procedure, I'm sure I could easily cut that down to a minute and a half or less. Unbelievable."

I know this question has come up here before about getting from shuffled deck to stack, so thought some people might be interested in this.

I have ordered it and hoping to receive it soon, so will post a full review with more details.

You can see the thread over on the Genii Forum for more details and how to order etc.

http://forums.geniimagazine.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=49650
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
The system works for ANY stack, not just Aronson. In fact, if you want (though this sounds nutty) you could go from Aronson to Mnemonica and back. Or you could make up your own stack (e.g., AAAA, 2222, 3333, etc.).

However, this is only a small part of the manuscript. Most of the effects do not use a memorized deck or even a full deck. As far as I can tell, what I've come up with has never been used in magic before. This is brand new and the effects cannot be duplicated any other way.

Anyone interested in more information can email me at bammomagic@cogeco.ca
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
Ordered this today. Definitely looking forward to seeing if it's something I can apply to my stack work.
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
I just got off the phone with Mike Close, who, in typical Mike Close fashion is coming up with all kinds of ideas for this new method.
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Good to hear. I'm hopeful these will be released/shared with purchasers in an addendum or the like.
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
Yes, I plan to release addendums with anything Mike comes up with if he will agree.
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
Here's what Harry Lorayne has to say:

"I've gone over the stuff and gotta' tell you - your thinking with Triharder is simply genius! You can use that as a quote if you like. But really - it is genius. Best - Harry."

"Triharder" is just the first effect in The Bammo Tarodiction Toolbox--and one you can learn in five minutes.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
I can't wait for it to arrive!
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
Patrick, it's in the mail.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Save one for me, Bob! I'm looking forward to this, but I'll be out of town and unable to get it until July, so I haven't put in an order just yet. Smile
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
Contact me in July!
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
Another happy customer:

"My copy of BTT arrived yesterday and I spent all evening with my head buzzing! This is genius! "--RM
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
Yet another happy customer:

"... fantastic, fantastic .... This system is devilish as heck. There's a metric ton to unpack in the book ... it ... seems like wizardry fueled by leprechaun blood ...."--P.A.
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
All purchasers will be receiving Addendum #2. It explains how you can stack an entire deck in 2 deals.
goochelen
View Profile
New user
Hexagonia
76 Posts

Profile of goochelen
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2017, Bob Farmer wrote:
All purchasers will be receiving Addendum #2. It explains how you can stack an entire deck in 2 deals.

That is absolutely fantastic to know. Only 2 deals... Wow!

Well like Einstein said "The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them.".
I guess you have created a paradigm shift
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Does the method work on borrowed and shuffled deck? Thanks.
adiabaticman
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
144 Posts

Profile of adiabaticman
This is so good. I received this over 2 weeks ago. I am waiting to learn this well. Unfortunately too busy with work stuff right now.
Watching those electrons dance on the adiabat, from Franck-Condon to the Asymptote.
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
No, this cannot be used with a borrowed and shuffled deck.

Also, the stacked deck part of the manuscript is only a small part: most of the manuscript is taken up with tricks that do not use a stacked deck, or a memorized deck, or even a full deck. The first trick described is, "Triharder" is one of these -- it is a gambling effect that Harry Lorayne has raved about.
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 14, 2017, shakuni wrote:
Does the method work on borrowed and shuffled deck? Thanks.

While I bought this hoping it could be done with a borrowed/shuffled deck, any disappointment I had that it couldn't was quickly (very quickly) eclipsed by the whirlwind of possibilities this system offers. As Bob said, it's well beyond just full deck stacks, and opens up the door for all sorts of effects with any number of cards. For me, though, I'm currently laser-focused on the full stack possibilities at the moment.

I've already got my working deck set up for the method. Having such an ingenious way to get back into full deck stack in a single effect (usually because I've gotten liquored up and dropped my deck) is so very worth it.

Honestly, I'm really enthralled with this system. It's rare something this unique with nearly limitless possibilities comes along. I don't have a horse in this race nor do I know Bob, so I say this as a someone who only got this on a whim: buy the *** thing. If you're reading "Shuffled not Stirred" section of the Café (and you are) then there's no way you can't make good use of this system.
tincture
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of tincture
Can anyone who has seen both comment how this technique differs from the Incondite Sort technique that Patrick Redford uses to stack a memorized stack in two deal throughs?

This new work from Mr. Farmer interests me!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » The Bammo Tarodiction Toolbox (15 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL