The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FORESEEN - A 'Which Hand' routine with a BIG difference! by Joel Dickinson (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
You got it. But better than that.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I got it, I read it, I like it (!) - and it is really clever, still easy to do. Well done. I will play with it a bit, and once I got a personal solution (o. k., it might be only me thinking about it...) for the fact that I wear most of the time a jacket, I will let you know. Smile Promised. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Thank you Jan. I have had a lot of good feedback. I know many performers are including this in their sets. It's also making in to a well known performers theatre set this year. Stoked!

Joel.
therealbrogilbert
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of therealbrogilbert
This is a great routine! The good news is that Murphy's Magic has now made it available for all of you to purchase from your favorite dealers around the globe!

https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=60274
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Thanks Bro. Foreseen is now available WORLDWIDE. If it's not available through your favorite magic dealer.. tell them to stock it Smile
KatieD
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere Out There!
103 Posts

Profile of KatieD
First off, thank you to Joel for releasing this effect. I hadn't even heard about it until I got a newsletter today from MJM Magic advertising it. I immediately came here to read some reviews and was convinced enough to purchase it.

Everything stated in the product description is true (always a good thing)! You really do guess how many times the spectator is correct, and also the sequence it happened in. The spectator really does have a FAIR CHOICE to choose which hand they want, and it's easy to reset at the end for your next performance.

I wouldn't necessarily perform this for the same group of people twice in a row, but it would be perfect for strolling around (or even stage with a volunteer from the audience). It's also a great way to hand out your business card as well!

I assume it's the same price at most dealers, but I got mine at MJM for only $14.00 (plus $1.00 back in reward points): http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-24717.html

Well worth the cost. Thanks again Joel for a very well presented PDF.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Thanks a lot Katie, really glad you are happy with your new routine.

Also read another review recently:

Years ago, Marc Paul did Mind2Mind, a DVD where he demonstrated a wonderful impromptu effect with a spectator guessing "which hand." It was cheeky as heck, but a terrific routine, one of the things that as a mentalist you would just chuckle about but something that would totally baffle a layperson. Well, Joel has taken that idea one step down the road using some lateral thinking and made this into a killer routine that I am going to use every day. All you need are four business cards and a pen, and you will have people thinking that you have supernatural powers. There is a little practice involved, only to get things smooth. If you aren't a naturally klutzy person, you'll have this down in 10 minutes flat.

There have been quite a few excellent mentalism things so far this year on Penguin. This is one of the best. Get it, and I am sure that you will enjoy performing it. Because the method is so hilariously simple, yet flies over everyone's head, you really will chuckle to yourself every time you perform it.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
If you're interested in buying Foreseen then you can now buy it here :

https://www.magicshop.co.uk/foreseen-joel-dickinson
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I would like a pm if anyone has got a way for pocket management ie making this effect not to obvious as that's it's only draw back if you get what I mean when performing it . Can look a bit cumbersome any tips please . Brilliant thinking though 😊 regards Tarik
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Practice and perform swiftly.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Not quite as simple if performing in a suit as I do lifting up your jacket everytime , regards Tarik 😊
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Hi Tarik,

I always wear a suit when I perform and never have any trouble.
I have some additional ideas which may help you if you are struggling though, feel free to drop me a PM and I can give you these.

All the best,

Joel.
edwardowen93
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of edwardowen93
Hi Joel,

Can this be done in a waistcoat and shirt? And can you end with a clean prediction?

Last question, which coin would you suggest works best here?
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Hello,

Yes, you can wear a Tshirt, jeans, waistcoat, shorts. Me and Tarik were just discussing some subtleties.
There are no clothing restrictions.

Hope this helps.

Joel.

Quote:
On Jul 25, 2017, edwardowen93 wrote:
Hi Joel,

Can this be done in a waistcoat and shirt? And can you end with a clean prediction?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean.
Your predictions are clean.

If you want to use a coin then any coin will work for you No gimmicks etc.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I have to say Joel has been absolute first class in helping me to do his effect very very smoothly via chatting through a pm . This really is a fantastic effect which I always knew and I now will be able to perform this perfectly with no restrictions whatever the situation . Top notch customer service and highly recommended Tarik 😊
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I know the plot is different but is there a big difference in method between "One in Six" and Foreseen. Both sound great, any recommendations?
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Hi the methods are completely different and share no similarity. Are you looking for a good strong close up routine, if so then this is very strong, fully structured and I know performing magicians and mentalists are performing Foreseen in their professional work.

Best wishes,

Joel.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks Joel for the heads up. Yes, usually close up small groups so I'll start with Foreseen. One in Six just sounds outstanding though.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
If you need any additional help with it then please let me know, I don't think you will its possibly the easiest effect I perform but still, any nuances and subtleties you may need then I'm very happy to help Smile
garys
View Profile
New user
Hertfordshire, UK
60 Posts

Profile of garys
Well thought out instructions. Easy to read and understand. I can see this going down well. I like the fact I can give out a card each time. I like Marc Paul's DVD. I have never performed his version It was always something I was going to get around to. Foreseen simplifies the process and makes it an almost impromptu method.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FORESEEN - A 'Which Hand' routine with a BIG difference! by Joel Dickinson (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL