The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Thumb Tie Gospel Routine- Are There Any? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I hope to post here in a few days my "Thumb Tie" Gospel Routine for kids which I am going to try out in two weeks. This standard trick has been around for probably a century or more with several different methods to accomplish the same result.

I use Abbott's Thumb Tie which came (in 1996) with ribbons to wrap around the thumbs along with that "special something" which is very well made. Not sure if the "Thumb Tie" from Abbott's comes with the ribbons any more.

The Jay Marshall "Jaspernese Thumb Tie" routine uses no gimics and only standard pipe cleaners. I saw Jay perform his simple version many times in Colon.

Losander demonstrated his fun "Chain Breaker" at his booth for me many years ago at a magic convention in Vegas. His method is probably the best one I have personally seen performed close up. Jade's stage version posted on www.youtube.com as performed by her on Penn and Teller's Fool Us is also very well done.

Anyway, I cannot recall seeing a "Gospel version" or "Gospel routine" specifically on the thumb tie- but my guess is it has been written on many times in the past.

I would love to learn of any routines that you may know of and are in the public domain to share here. I will then learn from/compare those with what I can conjure up in my brain in the next week or so. Fired Up!

Your input is anticipated and appreciated, I am amazed how much one can learn on the various forums on The Magic Café'. I usually don't even buy a new magic trick anymore without first checking out the product searching for reviews usually posted somewhere on this great free informational site for all magicians.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
I've used a full body tie- just wrist tie- possible thumb ties would also work - using from the LIVING BIBLE 1st Corinthians 10:12-13, its about being tempted- but- not so you cant ESCAPE - any help?? Ralph
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Good idea, excellent Russo. I am going to work on the routine this week for sure.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Thumb Tie Gospel Routine- Are There Any? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL