The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Child hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

impulse
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of impulse
Child hypnosis I have read that you're not supposed to hypnotize anyone under the age of 18 without proper training. what would or could happen what kind of consequences.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
8451 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
You shouldn't hypnotize anyone without the proper training. This is the problem with reading, often no context is provided. I disagree with this statement as well.
impulse
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of impulse
Yes don't use hypnosis on anyone with out a trained professionals guidance. All I want to know is about this one scenario with children under 18.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18647 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Hypnotizing children is about legal liability and informed consent.

A child in America can not enter into a legal contract. Therefore they can not waive liability, a parent or guardian must do so for them. (It may vary state to state but this is pretty close to across the board.)

While nothing is going to happen to their mind, (Heck all they are doing is relaxing and focusing.) in the context of a show (Which is what this board is about remember.) there are LOTS of things that can happen physically. For example falling and breaking a bone on stage is a VERY real danger. IF that happens it is possible most insurance companies won't even pay if it was a minor without parental consent. (Again that varies according to company and state laws.)

As for the context of a show to me, and it is only an opinion, it looks bad to do hypnosis with kids. It simply has an odd feel to it. (I mean under the age of 16 even.)

It is more that a lot of hypnotists have degraded the audience in the past and THAT perception needs to be gotten past. Bring kids up and it just seems weird without you being able to do much about it.

There are no extra "dangers" for children per se. Perception and liability are the big issues. I hope that makes sense.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
impulse
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of impulse
Ok thanks simple answer in another note where and how dose a stage hypnosis get liability insurance ?
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
8451 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
All of the questions you've been asking will all be included and answered when you get professional training. Insurance varies based on where you are located. Also it can also be based on what performance material you include in your performance.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18647 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2017, impulse wrote:
another note where and how dose a stage hypnosis get liability insurance ?

Google is your friend.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
impulse
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of impulse
Thanks everyone
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
Impulse,

Attending a live training with a qualified instructor. Learn from someone who is out there really doing it and all your questions will be answered.
impulse
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of impulse
At this time I cannot but soon I will thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Child hypnosis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL