The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » How to clean up after doing the bizarre twist routine? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicstudent8416
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of magicstudent8416
I don't really like the use of special cards for this reason. You have a lot of loose ends lying around that need tidying up.

It is a nice trick though and I think it would be a nice end to a string of ace related several card only routines.

How does one change the different ace of spades back to a normal one so you can continue with other tricks?

I am thinking you can have the proper one in the pocket and do a color change of your choice and palm the card on entry and exit. Then the added bonus is that the restoration is an added trick.

I guess it would be color change, shuffle off, palm and pocket and you're clean.

Thoughts?
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Do you mean the Paul Harris Bizarre Twist?
magicstudent8416
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of magicstudent8416
Yes. Didn't know there were any others.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I don't see why clean up is required. You can toss out the blue ace and put the others in your pocket or somewhere. That tricks is strong enough by itself.

Still, somewhere in John Guastaferros work he has a Bizarre Twist prequel which makes it just that much more magical. I saw it on one of AAron Fishers lecture videos.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I agree that there’s no reason for a clean up. You could hand the odd card to the spectator as a souvenir. Or keep it in play by having them use it to tap the cards (like a magic wand) for the revelations in subsequent effects and routines.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
I would just like to add that I also prefer John Guestafero's Bizarre Prequel. It adds additional phases and transforms a nice effect into an entire routine. And because the odd card is selected and signed, you give it to the spectator as a souvenir afterwards. Every phase of the routine becomes more impossible, and because they"saw" the back of their card, the (Harris) ending is surprising and extremely powerful. I learned it from John's Brainstorm DVDs.

Douglas
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Another thing you could do is to produce the rest of the odd colored deck, hand it to the spectator and do some "do as I do" routines.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Got some creativity going here. Awesome
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2017, Douglas.M wrote:
I would just like to add that I also prefer John Guestafero's Bizarre Prequel. It adds additional phases and transforms a nice effect into an entire routine. And because the odd card is selected and signed, you give it to the spectator as a souvenir afterwards. Every phase of the routine becomes more impossible, and because they"saw" the back of their card, the (Harris) ending is surprising and extremely powerful. I learned it from John's Brainstorm DVDs.

Douglas

Douglas, Thank you for siting the source of Guestafero's Bizarre Prequel. Much appreciated!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » How to clean up after doing the bizarre twist routine? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL