The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Suggestion for the 'Mark all forums as read" button (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2462 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Could the "Mark all forums as read" button be moved or better still duplicated at the bottom of the forum index page?

I think this button is a very useful addition to the Café. My intent is to always click on it after each visit. However after scrolling through the index from top to bottom, clicked on and read the various sections that appear interesting to me, clicked on and read the various topics within those sections that interest me and maybe after having made a post or two it seems that I forget it was there!

It doesn't enter my head to head back to the top of the index page to click the "mark all forums read" button. If however it was at the bottom of the index page it would be staring me in the face and I'm sure this useful feature would be used more.

Given that the bottom of the index page will be different for those with and without 50 posts under their belt I'm not sure how easy this would be to implement. But I thought I'd suggest it anyway as everytime I see the button at the top of the index page I get slightly annoyed with myself for not having clicked it on my previous visit!!! Smile Smile
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
3824 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
It is and has been at the bottom of the forum index page as well as the top. Look all the way down, bottom right. That is the one I use to avoid a scroll to the top. Smile
www.shadowpest.wordpress.com <~~my cancer story

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2462 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Smile Now I feel suitably and appropriately embarrassed.

Thanks for letting me know. Smile
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
3824 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Don't be embarrassed, I scrolled to the top many times before I noticed it too. It is "Kind of" hidden in what looks like a "map key" section and you really do have to scroll all the way down. I don't often go below Treads, Reels and Anchors. (and I don't even go there often anymore due to no real new IT or IET stuff on the market lately) Smile
www.shadowpest.wordpress.com <~~my cancer story

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Suggestion for the 'Mark all forums as read" button (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL