The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Venom by Magie Factory (80 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20..21~22~23 [Next]
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1330 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
On the website is says there is 1× attached system.. What is that?

Sleepy
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Sunny Orlando
773 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
This looks great! Cant wait for reviews. May have to pick this up!
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Are any reviews for this out yet? would be interesting to know how this compares to tarantula 2. personally I think a mechanical method maybe more reliable than an electronic one. any itr experts here care to share their thoughts Smile
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1556 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2017, setsuna83 wrote:
Are any reviews for this out yet? would be interesting to know how this compares to tarantula 2. personally I think a mechanical method maybe more reliable than an electronic one. any itr experts here care to share their thoughts Smile


Unfortunately, the release date is the 27th of July Smile
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
kkentert
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of kkentert
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2017, SleepyMagic wrote:
This looks incredible!

Any ideas if the effect where you drop the ring and it suspends in mid air can be done with other objects..e.g. Coins, chewing gum,polos etc.

Sleepy


My suspicion is that it needs to be cylindrical. Something like a lifesaver would probably work, but getting set up would be a task (if even possible) with something that won't fit on your finger. (well, unless it was set out of view of your audience) Just my guess as I don't know his exact rigging and only watched the promo once.
samllevy
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of samllevy
It looks a lot like Hanson Chien's "Freeze", a great visual and practical trick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSxY3_zUQS4&feature=youtu.be
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1330 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I was just thinking about some routines that could be possible with this and here is what I came up with... I'm not sure if this is possible with relation to the hook up but I'll post it anyway....

You start with Garrett thomas' ring thing where you take the ring off and "throw" it back into your finger
Then using a fr***h dr** or something similar, the ring goes from one closed fist to the other.

You then offer to show how this works by doing it in "slow motion".

You then do the effect shown in the trailer near the 0:34 second mars where the ring jumps from your open palm onto your finger.. this is the "explanation" for ring thing.

You then do the effect shown in the trailer near 0:12 where the ring flies from one hand to the other as the "explanation" for how the ring teleported from one fist to the other!

I really hope you guys enjoy these ideas !

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Sleepy
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2095 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Cant wait for this to hit the U.S.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
This will be released on Ellusionist.com at the end of this month Smile

- G
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1330 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2017, GeraintClarke wrote:
This will be released on Ellusionist.com at the end of this month Smile

- G


Nice
Sleepy
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1330 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2017, GeraintClarke wrote:
This will be released on Ellusionist.com at the end of this month Smile

- G


Any idea on how much the shipping will be to the UK

Sleepy
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1330 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Also, will wax be required for this ITR ?

Thanks
Sleepy
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1556 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
No wax needed for the effects you see on the trailer.

I've had the chance to look at the explanation video and it's one the best I've ever seen ! The ideas are genius, all the effects on the trailer require the 2 Venom combined together, it's the best idea for IT work since loop imo !

And the Venom looks gorgeous, so versatile, easy to maintain, easy to get the thread back, perfect. The hard part is to wait now ! I can't see anybody disappointed if they purschase the Venom. I actually think you'll be more disappointed if it sold out and you can't get one anymore !
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1330 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2017, Alex DLF wrote:
No wax needed for the effects you see on the trailer.

I've had the chance to look at the explanation video and it's one the best I've ever seen ! The ideas are genius, all the effects on the trailer require the 2 Venom combined together, it's the best idea for IT work since loop imo !

And the Venom looks gorgeous, so versatile, easy to maintain, easy to get the thread back, perfect. The hard part is to wait now ! I can't see anybody disappointed if they purschase the Venom. I actually think you'll be more disappointed if it sold out and you can't get one anymore !


Thanks for the info!

Providing the hunted deck effect doesn't require wax...if you had the two venoms in your jeans pockets...would you be able to do the haunted deck on the floor or in someone's hands??

Also, are all the effects with the same hookup?

Thanks
Sleepy
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
1732 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
They are not all done with the same hookup. The haunted deck is easily done in the hands, but I'm not sure it would work to do it on the floor.

As he said, no wax used. The way they designed this is very clever, and it's the first ITR that I am really excited to receive.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1330 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2017, WitchDocChris wrote:
They are not all done with the same hookup. The haunted deck is easily done in the hands, but I'm not sure it would work to do it on the floor.

As he said, no wax used. The way they designed this is very clever, and it's the first ITR that I am really excited to receive.


Thanks for the information!

Just to get this clear...there are no restrictions in effects of the venoms are put in the jeans pockets?

How hard is the hookup?

And can I do an invisible touch type effect with the hookup?

Sleepy
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
1732 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
The main hookup is very simple. There's a couple others taught, too.

It might work in the jeans pockets, but I don't think it's a good plan. I can't think of any reason to use that - you'd have to use a lot of extra thread just to get your hands up to where most effects are done (around chest level) which risks more breakage and visibility.

You could use this basically like a loop so yes an invisible touch routine would definitely be possible.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
It's available on Ellusionist HERE : http://www.ellusionist.com/venom-by-magie-factory.html
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1330 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2017, WitchDocChris wrote:
The main hookup is very simple. There's a couple others taught, too.

It might work in the jeans pockets, but I don't think it's a good plan. I can't think of any reason to use that - you'd have to use a lot of extra thread just to get your hands up to where most effects are done (around chest level) which risks more breakage and visibility.

You could use this basically like a loop so yes an invisible touch routine would definitely be possible.


I only want to put it in my jeans pockets because I don't normally wear a jacket. Is there any other places taught that this can be hooked up?

And about the chest level thing, couldn't I just perform it at waist/stomach level?

Thanks
Sleepy
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2017, SleepyMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2017, WitchDocChris wrote:
The main hookup is very simple. There's a couple others taught, too.

It might work in the jeans pockets, but I don't think it's a good plan. I can't think of any reason to use that - you'd have to use a lot of extra thread just to get your hands up to where most effects are done (around chest level) which risks more breakage and visibility.

You could use this basically like a loop so yes an invisible touch routine would definitely be possible.


I only want to put it in my jeans pockets because I don't normally wear a jacket. Is there any other places taught that this can be hooked up?

And about the chest level thing, couldn't I just perform it at waist/stomach level?

Thanks
Sleepy



Hey Sleepy,

You can perform it at stomach level with the device in your jeans pocket.

Arthur & the Magie Factory team cover this in the extensive download mate.

I wouldn't do it that way, but Wales is cold/wet enough to wear a jacket all year. So it's not an issue for me. haha

Cheers,

- G
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Venom by Magie Factory (80 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20..21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL