The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Venom by Magie Factory (80 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2017, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2017, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
Short question:

if I connected both venoms should there be a few inches of "loose" t***d in between or already a bit of a tension?

There should already be a bit of tension. It shouldn't be loose across your body.

- G

sorry, meant when they are not in use and lay next to each other
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2017, The0mas wrote:
Hey everyone, I am having a hard time trying to open the cap of the gimmick. In the video, he just pulls it and it comes right off, I've been trying several times and no matter how strong I pull, it doesn't move... any suggestion?

I replied to the very same question to someone else a few posts above yours, please check before asking.
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
951 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Opening the cap is no problem at all: as is shown in the video, put pressure on the opening where the thread comes out to remove the cap easily.
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
gassaox
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Once the cap is opened ,does anybody have the problem with the cap been a looser fitting ,which causes the thread to get tangled
pollysukemaru
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
153 Posts

Profile of pollysukemaru
I have the issue. I need to buy a spare cap and thread but the magic factory website hasn't been updated for a while..and send them an email but haven't got back from them..

Is there any other place that I can get a spare kit and thread??
kevishu
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of kevishu
Poorly designed cap, IMO. For the investment of machined aluminum, the cap should have been machined as well, to provide consistent fit. Difficult managing the thread with a loose cap. Never touched it since I bought it, due to being busy with other priorities. But my intention is to try cutting a narrow strip of electrical tape and sticking it to the inside of the cap to create a tighter fit.
Dylan Bryson
View Profile
New user
Space City
6 Posts

Profile of Dylan Bryson
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2017, pollysukemaru wrote:
I have the issue. I need to buy a spare cap and thread but the magic factory website hasn't been updated for a while..and send them an email but haven't got back from them..

Is there any other place that I can get a spare kit and thread??

Try them on facebook. I got a response in a couple of hours.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1556 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
If you speak French, here is my video review :

Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of jamo425
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2017, jamo425 wrote:
Just wondering is anyone else having trouble with the "back in time" effect? Time stop and the ring across seem to work fine just this has been giving me trouble.

It seems the ring doesn't jump up to my hand like it does other people. It only jumps up about half way (if that). The ring in using is quite light in weight so I'm not sure if I need to find an even lighter ring? Tighten up the tension more? More practice?

I spent quite a bit of time trying to practice this with the same result. Yet I watch some other people's performances, as well as the tutorial, and it seems almost automatic for them.

Hey guys, here is an update on my previous post. I wanted to share a couple things I discovered while playing around with Venom that wasn't covered on the tutorial and how I overcame the problems I was having as I'm sure there are people out there struggling with the same thing.

So as you can see above, I was having trouble with the "back in time" and "ring on finger" effects. I thought the problem was either ring weight, tension or practice.

Regarding the weight, the ring I was using was a cheap ring I got from Wal-Mart which was made of sterling silver, I believe its 4mm thick. So it seems that even though this ring is light weight, it needs to be even lighter to get the ring to jump up high enough like the way Arthur does it. After comparing different ring materials, I noticed sterling silver was somewhere in the middle (weight-wise) compared to other materials. It seems titanium is the lightest, so although I haven't bought and tested with a titanium ring yet, I'm sure this would help. Once I get one and test it, I can confirm but until then I'm just speculating.

About the tension, it is something that you have to play with and get a feel for whats right for you and what kind of effects you plan on performing. For example if tension is high, it'll be more difficult to do the haunted deck as you run the risk of the deck moving prematurely. But I thought that I needed high tension for the ring effects, and it did seemed to help a little. But while practicing I ended up snapping the el****c. So learn from my mistake and be careful when making it tight. After fixing it and discovering this next thing I'm going to share, I found that high tension isn't really necessary.

Lastly and most importantly, something that they don't mention in the tutorial, is that the heavy ring set up can actually be used for both the "back in time" AND "ring on finger" effects. Maybe some people already knew this, but I sure didn't. I thought that the heavy ring set up was only for the "time stop" effect.

Now just to let you guys know, the ring I'm using is still a lightweight ring. Its just a bit too heavy for the normal set up. So don't expect to do this with heavy rings or it'll snap. If you use a heavy ring, just stick with the ring flying across and time stop.

Also, neither of these effects are easy (at least using this method). It will take a bit of practice to make it look right, especially for ring on finger. I haven't quite mastered these yet but am getting more consistent with practice. Also, I am holding the t****d with the top hand differently than what's shown on the video for the time stop effect. So without blatantly exposing anything, I will just say to play around with how you are holding it. Feel free to PM me for details on the finger positioning.

Also, in order to do "back in time" and "ring to finger", you must have tension. Not the kind of tension that you adjust with the cap, but tension of the t****d itself between your hand and the ring, so everything is taut. Any slack and the ring may not jump up all the way.

I do have a couple other tips on these effects using the heavy ring set up but I unfortunately cannot share them without exposing too much, so if you'd like to know these tips, again, PM me for details.

Hope all this helps some Venom owners out there! I was getting quite frustrated at the fact that I couldn't do, or even come close to doing these effects at first. But I'm very happy that I'm now able to, and would have felt selfish to keep these findings to myself.

-Jameson
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1330 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
One of the overlooked effects... this is mostly for camera effect but it is super visual and can be done in real life..just takes certain conditions and has a very quick set up.

https://youtu.be/8EN8xZp7z9w

Sleepy
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
@sleepymagic: are you using the original venom thread that comes with it or another one?!
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2017, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
@sleepymagic: are you using the original venom thread that comes with it or another one?!

I'm using vectra original by Steve Fearson. It's very strong and very invisible. I use the same el****s used in the venom, no need to change it.

I bought the spider thread by Yigal Mesika thinking it would be more invisible than vectra but it is the exact same visibility but weaker so I'm sticking with vectra.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Btw for venom owners I think I've discovered a way to verify significantly reduce breakage. I've been successfully using this daily for nearly two weeks now and no breakages have occured yet.

So before these two weeks. The th***d used to break every couple days. Whenever I looked at where it had broken, it was always where I had done the k**t. I first thought I was doing it incorrectly so watched the video again but found out I was doing it correctly. And then I thought that it must be because there was to much stress being put on the k**t . So this is what I did.

Once I did the k**t...I took the caps off both of the reels and reeled in the k**t into one of the reels if you get what I mean). I reeled it quite far in. So that when I got into the hookup and started to use the th***d the k**t would never actually come out of the reel. It would stay in there. Since I have done this. There has been no breakage at all. I did this a couple weeks ago

Sleepy
pollysukemaru
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
153 Posts

Profile of pollysukemaru
For venom users. Do you know where I can get some spare parts?? I've been checking "Magie factory" the french site but it has not been updating for long time, and I sent them emails but no response. I bought Venom but now I can't buy any spare parts?? One of the cap got loose since when I first took off and the thread gets easily tangled because of it so need to get a new cap.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2017, pollysukemaru wrote:
For venom users. Do you know where I can get some spare parts?? I've been checking "Magie factory" the french site but it has not been updating for long time, and I sent them emails but no response. I bought Venom but now I can't buy any spare parts?? One of the cap got loose since when I first took off and the thread gets easily tangled because of it so need to get a new cap.

Only the "complete kit" is out of stock in the venom site and will be in stock on the 19th if November.

If you want to just get the caps then you can get the "spare parts kit" which is in stock at the Magie Factory website.

Sleepy
pollysukemaru
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
153 Posts

Profile of pollysukemaru
Thank you for the information, I will check it.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
599 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2017, Cub Sines wrote:
The real beuty in IT magic is that it looks impossible when the done right. If done right, spectators will be thinking 'he/she have to use thread/wire etc, but how the HELL is she/he doing it?'

Then it would be no different from a situation when a spectator noticed your secret move (classic pass or else) but then they say "I didn't see what you've done, congrats!". That's not magical for them. It shows you're very skilled, you can do a move that they can't see because you're fast, etc... That's completely different than a comment like "You didn't do anything... and yet, my card... how so ?". This is truly magical for them. The classic pass, or any secret move, should not be invisible, but imperceptible, for "true" magic to happen.

Same thing with IT. If they know you use IT, but don't know how, it's the same as when people say "I know you've done something, but I don't know how and I couldn't see it". As soon as people "know" it's IT, it weakens the impact. There are a few ways to do that, for us. If you make a ring levitate inside a clear box, I think many people won't believe it's IT anymore. I have some acquaintances who know about IT. But when they saw the french magicien Antonio at France got Talent, they said "no way he could be using IT to levitate this ...". However, there are still people I know who didn't change their mind after watching this magician on TV, and continue to argue that IT is the only way to achieve this.

It's hard to succeed in such a task. That's why I would rather use IT for PK effects. I don't do levitation at all.
threadman77
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of threadman77
New invisible thread group - Please share.

Please invite your friends - Anything thread related - sales, chit chat, questions, regular thread, elastic, Loops, bands, rings, close up, stage, set ups,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/277991456056810/
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2095 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Just did thanks
jugagien
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of jugagien
Hi all,
I'm reading pages 19 about the cap and still having difficulty removing the cap.
I essentially pinch the cap between my thumb and index finger, and tried to jiggle it loose but to no luck.
Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Venom by Magie Factory (80 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL