The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Venom by Magie Factory (80 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
htmagic
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
46 Posts

Profile of htmagic
Folks,

I have followed this thread (pun intended) of all 19 pages. And I appreciate the questions and the reviews on this device. I have owned ITR devices and reels in the past including the Hummingbird reel, ITRs, Spider Pens, l**ps, and even Losander's elastic thread work, etc. And in the hands of a master, one can make miracles. But as some have stated, it takes practice, practice, practice. And if you're not careful with lighting and your performance, the audience can figure it out and your miracle is just some cheap trick. I've fiddled with th***d in the past and the initial wonder was replaced by overcoming problems and performance issues.

I was vacillating between the Tarantula and the Venom and decided to let my wife get me the Venom for Christmas. The freeze frame is simply amazing, whether a ring or rubber bands. And I hope this device helps me catch the ITR bug and the wonder of th***d work.
May the FORCE be with you and have a magical day!

MagicBill

High-Tech Magic
http://www.high-techmagic.com/
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1512 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Venom Ė Magie Factory

Product description : Magie Factory is a French magic production company, Iíve talked about a few of their products in the past (B.C.R. 2.0, Compact Box) and they have now released their baby on which they have been working for the past 2 or 3 years. Itís an Invisible Thread Reel (I.T.R.) but like a new generation one, not the old ones with the 2 rubber bands, with which you couldnít change the thread neither repare it easily. Magie Factory have achieved something pretty big in my opinion : have a tool which is 100% customizable (thread, elastic) and with an amazing quality.

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at 139Ä (around $160) and you can find it on Magie Factory website, here is the link : http://www.magie-factory.fr/fr/nos-produ......eel.html

What you get : You get a very nice packaging with the name of the trick printed with metallic ink on the black box. Very simple but elegant packaging. Inside, youíll find a few things : first of all, a card with a link to access the explanation video and itís one of the most amazing one Iíve ever seen. They teamed up with Arthur who have found a new hook up with 2 Venom and the effects possible with it are outstanding. Arthur is a very good teacher, his ideas are very creative and doable in the real world. In the box, you also get 2 Venom in order to do everything Arthur teaches. On each Venom, there is a good length of thread, itís a very resistant one but also quite visible. In most Arthurís effect, the thread is in a play for 1 or 2 seconds so the visibility of the thread should not be an issue. You also get a new elastic if you want to use another thread, maybe a more fragile one. Anyway, the whole package is just incredible, everything is made in France so it should last a long time and the quality is just top notch.

Teaser : https://vimeo.com/223137430

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
Ė The thread provided is too visible for me, I understand Arthur is using it in a lot of everyday life situations but I canít see myself using this one. Iíve changed it for the Mesika Spider Thread.
Ė I just canít find another con.. Maybe the price but when you look at it, for $160, you get 2 ITR so itís $80 per ITR which is not that high for such a quality product.

THE PROS :
Ė I always wanted to do thread work but Iíve never been comfortable with the ITR on the market, they were either too weak, or you couldnít get the thread back or any other problem. Venom is the perfect solution for me.
Ė You can change and customize every single element of the Venom : elastic, thread, pen clip etc.. So you can have several reel with several thread, each one with its use.
Ė The hook up and routines Arthur have come up with are revolutionary in my opinion, they take thread work to a whole new level.
Ė For those routines, you donít have to wear a jacket, you can just put your Venom in your trouser pockets which is a huge plus for me since Iím not wearing jackets a lot.
Ė To be honest, Iím not using the 2 Venom hook up, Iím just using one as a single ITR in my pocket to do a coin or ring levitation. Iím always ready and I trust 100% the Venom.
Ė Itís a mechanical ITR which means there is no battery to worry about or to recharge. You can adjust the tension as you want, itís a real marvel.
Ė If you donít want to use it as an ITR, you can still use it as a regular reel (just put some fishing line and a strong elastic) and you can do the silk through mic stand.
Ė There is a ball bearing in the Venom which makes the whole tension process of the thread much more comfortable and easy !
Ė The thread is very easy to get back when it breaks.

Overall rating : This is THE BEST ITR on the market, period. You canít go wrong with it, 4/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, thread work is what it is, I would say 3/5 stars.

Similar products : Regular ITR exist, they have been used for years. Mesika products are really good but for me Venom is the best.

If you enjoyed this review, make sure to check all my other ones on my website : http://lesavisdalexis.wixsite.com/reviews/
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2017, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2017, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
Short question:

if I connected both venoms should there be a few inches of "loose" t***d in between or already a bit of a tension?

There should already be a bit of tension. It shouldn't be loose across your body.

- G

sorry, meant when they are not in use and lay next to each other
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2017, The0mas wrote:
Hey everyone, I am having a hard time trying to open the cap of the gimmick. In the video, he just pulls it and it comes right off, I've been trying several times and no matter how strong I pull, it doesn't move... any suggestion?

I replied to the very same question to someone else a few posts above yours, please check before asking.
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
949 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Opening the cap is no problem at all: as is shown in the video, put pressure on the opening where the thread comes out to remove the cap easily.
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
gassaox
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Once the cap is opened ,does anybody have the problem with the cap been a looser fitting ,which causes the thread to get tangled
pollysukemaru
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
153 Posts

Profile of pollysukemaru
I have the issue. I need to buy a spare cap and thread but the magic factory website hasn't been updated for a while..and send them an email but haven't got back from them..

Is there any other place that I can get a spare kit and thread??
kevishu
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of kevishu
Poorly designed cap, IMO. For the investment of machined aluminum, the cap should have been machined as well, to provide consistent fit. Difficult managing the thread with a loose cap. Never touched it since I bought it, due to being busy with other priorities. But my intention is to try cutting a narrow strip of electrical tape and sticking it to the inside of the cap to create a tighter fit.
Dylan Bryson
View Profile
New user
Space City
6 Posts

Profile of Dylan Bryson
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2017, pollysukemaru wrote:
I have the issue. I need to buy a spare cap and thread but the magic factory website hasn't been updated for a while..and send them an email but haven't got back from them..

Is there any other place that I can get a spare kit and thread??

Try them on facebook. I got a response in a couple of hours.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1512 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
If you speak French, here is my video review :

Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of jamo425
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2017, jamo425 wrote:
Just wondering is anyone else having trouble with the "back in time" effect? Time stop and the ring across seem to work fine just this has been giving me trouble.

It seems the ring doesn't jump up to my hand like it does other people. It only jumps up about half way (if that). The ring in using is quite light in weight so I'm not sure if I need to find an even lighter ring? Tighten up the tension more? More practice?

I spent quite a bit of time trying to practice this with the same result. Yet I watch some other people's performances, as well as the tutorial, and it seems almost automatic for them.

Hey guys, here is an update on my previous post. I wanted to share a couple things I discovered while playing around with Venom that wasn't covered on the tutorial and how I overcame the problems I was having as I'm sure there are people out there struggling with the same thing.

So as you can see above, I was having trouble with the "back in time" and "ring on finger" effects. I thought the problem was either ring weight, tension or practice.

Regarding the weight, the ring I was using was a cheap ring I got from Wal-Mart which was made of sterling silver, I believe its 4mm thick. So it seems that even though this ring is light weight, it needs to be even lighter to get the ring to jump up high enough like the way Arthur does it. After comparing different ring materials, I noticed sterling silver was somewhere in the middle (weight-wise) compared to other materials. It seems titanium is the lightest, so although I haven't bought and tested with a titanium ring yet, I'm sure this would help. Once I get one and test it, I can confirm but until then I'm just speculating.

About the tension, it is something that you have to play with and get a feel for whats right for you and what kind of effects you plan on performing. For example if tension is high, it'll be more difficult to do the haunted deck as you run the risk of the deck moving prematurely. But I thought that I needed high tension for the ring effects, and it did seemed to help a little. But while practicing I ended up snapping the el****c. So learn from my mistake and be careful when making it tight. After fixing it and discovering this next thing I'm going to share, I found that high tension isn't really necessary.

Lastly and most importantly, something that they don't mention in the tutorial, is that the heavy ring set up can actually be used for both the "back in time" AND "ring on finger" effects. Maybe some people already knew this, but I sure didn't. I thought that the heavy ring set up was only for the "time stop" effect.

Now just to let you guys know, the ring I'm using is still a lightweight ring. Its just a bit too heavy for the normal set up. So don't expect to do this with heavy rings or it'll snap. If you use a heavy ring, just stick with the ring flying across and time stop.

Also, neither of these effects are easy (at least using this method). It will take a bit of practice to make it look right, especially for ring on finger. I haven't quite mastered these yet but am getting more consistent with practice. Also, I am holding the t****d with the top hand differently than what's shown on the video for the time stop effect. So without blatantly exposing anything, I will just say to play around with how you are holding it. Feel free to PM me for details on the finger positioning.

Also, in order to do "back in time" and "ring to finger", you must have tension. Not the kind of tension that you adjust with the cap, but tension of the t****d itself between your hand and the ring, so everything is taut. Any slack and the ring may not jump up all the way.

I do have a couple other tips on these effects using the heavy ring set up but I unfortunately cannot share them without exposing too much, so if you'd like to know these tips, again, PM me for details.

Hope all this helps some Venom owners out there! I was getting quite frustrated at the fact that I couldn't do, or even come close to doing these effects at first. But I'm very happy that I'm now able to, and would have felt selfish to keep these findings to myself.

-Jameson
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1235 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
One of the overlooked effects... this is mostly for camera effect but it is super visual and can be done in real life..just takes certain conditions and has a very quick set up.

https://youtu.be/8EN8xZp7z9w

Sleepy
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
@sleepymagic: are you using the original venom thread that comes with it or another one?!
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2017, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
@sleepymagic: are you using the original venom thread that comes with it or another one?!

I'm using vectra original by Steve Fearson. It's very strong and very invisible. I use the same el****s used in the venom, no need to change it.

I bought the spider thread by Yigal Mesika thinking it would be more invisible than vectra but it is the exact same visibility but weaker so I'm sticking with vectra.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Btw for venom owners I think I've discovered a way to verify significantly reduce breakage. I've been successfully using this daily for nearly two weeks now and no breakages have occured yet.

So before these two weeks. The th***d used to break every couple days. Whenever I looked at where it had broken, it was always where I had done the k**t. I first thought I was doing it incorrectly so watched the video again but found out I was doing it correctly. And then I thought that it must be because there was to much stress being put on the k**t . So this is what I did.

Once I did the k**t...I took the caps off both of the reels and reeled in the k**t into one of the reels if you get what I mean). I reeled it quite far in. So that when I got into the hookup and started to use the th***d the k**t would never actually come out of the reel. It would stay in there. Since I have done this. There has been no breakage at all. I did this a couple weeks ago

Sleepy
pollysukemaru
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
153 Posts

Profile of pollysukemaru
For venom users. Do you know where I can get some spare parts?? I've been checking "Magie factory" the french site but it has not been updating for long time, and I sent them emails but no response. I bought Venom but now I can't buy any spare parts?? One of the cap got loose since when I first took off and the thread gets easily tangled because of it so need to get a new cap.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2017, pollysukemaru wrote:
For venom users. Do you know where I can get some spare parts?? I've been checking "Magie factory" the french site but it has not been updating for long time, and I sent them emails but no response. I bought Venom but now I can't buy any spare parts?? One of the cap got loose since when I first took off and the thread gets easily tangled because of it so need to get a new cap.

Only the "complete kit" is out of stock in the venom site and will be in stock on the 19th if November.

If you want to just get the caps then you can get the "spare parts kit" which is in stock at the Magie Factory website.

Sleepy
pollysukemaru
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
153 Posts

Profile of pollysukemaru
Thank you for the information, I will check it.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2017, Cub Sines wrote:
The real beuty in IT magic is that it looks impossible when the done right. If done right, spectators will be thinking 'he/she have to use thread/wire etc, but how the HELL is she/he doing it?'

Then it would be no different from a situation when a spectator noticed your secret move (classic pass or else) but then they say "I didn't see what you've done, congrats!". That's not magical for them. It shows you're very skilled, you can do a move that they can't see because you're fast, etc... That's completely different than a comment like "You didn't do anything... and yet, my card... how so ?". This is truly magical for them. The classic pass, or any secret move, should not be invisible, but imperceptible, for "true" magic to happen.

Same thing with IT. If they know you use IT, but don't know how, it's the same as when people say "I know you've done something, but I don't know how and I couldn't see it". As soon as people "know" it's IT, it weakens the impact. There are a few ways to do that, for us. If you make a ring levitate inside a clear box, I think many people won't believe it's IT anymore. I have some acquaintances who know about IT. But when they saw the french magicien Antonio at France got Talent, they said "no way he could be using IT to levitate this ...". However, there are still people I know who didn't change their mind after watching this magician on TV, and continue to argue that IT is the only way to achieve this.

It's hard to succeed in such a task. That's why I would rather use IT for PK effects. I don't do levitation at all.
threadman77
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of threadman77
New invisible thread group - Please share.

Please invite your friends - Anything thread related - sales, chit chat, questions, regular thread, elastic, Loops, bands, rings, close up, stage, set ups,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/277991456056810/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Venom by Magie Factory (80 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL