The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Venom by Magie Factory (94 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9..12..15..18..21..23~24~25 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
The ring thing looks crazy!! Not use if I should compare this to Tarantula 2...this one is a lot more expensive...
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Quote:
And about the chest level thing, couldn't I just perform it at waist/stomach level?

Because we all know the preferred back drop to any performance is some random dude's crotch.

If you perform down low like that, the audience has to look down (Unless they are seated and you are standing, in which case they're just staring at your junk, which is uncomfortable).

On top of that, it becomes awkward to interact in these instances. They have to look up to speak to you or listen to what you're saying, and then back down to see what you're talking about. Also they're rarely seeing your face in those instances, so they don't associate the magic with you - that's bad marketing.

All in all, I really don't think you should do that.

Also, I think if you use the standard hookup taught but put it in the jeans pockets, the pockets themselves will interfere with the thread.

There is a hookup taught with a jeans pocket, using only one Venom reel, but that will not allow you to do what you're seeing in the trailer I don't think.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Oh! Looks like I spoke too soon. I hadn't been able to watch the entire video yet, and at the end they do describe a hookup for the pants pockets. Though they are using slacks, not jeans.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Thanks for all the information Geraint and WitchDocChris! Really appreciated!

And you raise a good point of the spectators looking down at your crotch but I guess stomach level will be away enough from that area for me!

I'm guessing since Geraint is saying that you can do them in jeans aswell then the hookup taught for pants pockets aren't just limited to slacks!

Thanks again!

Sleepy
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Yeah, thinking about how they have it in slacks, you could do it with jeans. I still think that's not the best way, but you do you.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2017, WitchDocChris wrote:
Yeah, thinking about how they have it in slacks, you could do it with jeans. I still think that's not the best way, but you do you.

Not the best way as in it won't work as well or because of where the effect will happen (at stomach level instead of chest level)??

Thanks
Sleepy
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2017, samllevy wrote:
It looks a lot like Hanson Chien's "Freeze", a great visual and practical trick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSxY3_zUQS4&feature=youtu.be

I watched the Freeze clip - AWESOME almost more so than the ring (Nah they are both excellent!).

So I looked if Freeze was available .... but it's not...... BUT Hanson Chein will be teaching this in his Penguin lecture being filmed on the 3rd of August! Very exciting!
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of gassaox
I buying this I like the fact it can move a glass bottle ,I not seen it'r which can do this
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2017, gassaox wrote:
I buying this I like the fact it can move a glass bottle ,I not seen it'r which can do this

Moving a glass bottle is not really a big deal. I do it often with just a loop.
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Ordered.... this looks fantastic

-Eli
Hebegeebe
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Hebegeebe
This is by far the most excited I've been about a release in years. Can't wait to hold this in my own hands. Appreciate any more tips or ideas. Cheers.
Mad_Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
France
300 Posts

Profile of Mad_Lewis
Okay. I've just watched the first 25 minutes of the video, and I can tell it is already worth it. If you use an itr already, you're a fool if you don't get it right away. No one put this much thought into an itr ever. And when you think this thing cannot get any better, Arthur comes in and blows your mind Smile
I will write a more detailed review as soon as I have this tool in my hands. The video was sent early to the customers.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2017, The.Amazing.Boy wrote:
Okay. I've just watched the first 25 minutes of the video, and I can tell it is already worth it. If you use an itr already, you're a fool if you don't get it right away. No one put this much thought into an itr ever. And when you think this thing cannot get any better, Arthur comes in and blows your mind Smile
I will write a more detailed review as soon as I have this tool in my hands. The video was sent early to the customers.

Thanks so much, and I know we are really looking forward to the more detailed review and other real works reviews. It would also be good to see some live performances of this - getting into it and the performance of different effects of the potential of what this can do and is capable of over other ITR's
Thanhs
Mad_Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
France
300 Posts

Profile of Mad_Lewis
OK I will do my best!

Just a few points which are really key to me :
- it is easy to find the end of the broken thread : you only need to take a cap off and pull. The thread is very accessible.
- there is a way to prepare a wax ball inside the itr so that if you break the thread, finding the end is just a matter of pulling on the ball! So resetting is even quicker.
- the thread tension is very easily and quickly modulable (as in between routines in front of the spectators if you really need).
- you can also set it to allow only a certain length of thread to unwind.
- finally what Arthur does with 2 itrs solves many problems all of us have when using one. I know it is very counter-intuitive but this makes me want to try even more Smile

This is a breakthrough! Smile
The0mas
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of The0mas
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2017, Alex DLF wrote:

They told me it's a special thread, which isn't sold (yet) on the market, it's slightly more visible than the Mesika one

So is it safe to perform this close up?
Mad_Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
France
300 Posts

Profile of Mad_Lewis
It is intended for close-up and Arthur uses it in close-up. IT rules still apply and subtilities are told to limit the timeframe in which you are exposed.
I will confirm the usability when I receive it. Smile
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Thanks, The.Amazing.Boy. Thanks for all the details. You are truly amazing!
Mad_Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
France
300 Posts

Profile of Mad_Lewis
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2017, Magic KL wrote:
Thanks, The.Amazing.Boy. Thanks for all the details. You are truly amazing!

Haha only trying to be, like a true magician Smile
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
What would be even more amazing if you posted a vid of you performing a few effects with it Smile
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2017, PRINCE wrote:
What would be even more amazing if you posted a vid of you performing a few effects with it Smile

especially as he hasn't got it yet! Smile

That would be AMAZING! Boy!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Venom by Magie Factory (94 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9..12..15..18..21..23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL