The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Venom by Magie Factory (80 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22 [Next]
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2056 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Just did thanks
jugagien
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of jugagien
Hi all,
I'm reading pages 19 about the cap and still having difficulty removing the cap.
I essentially pinch the cap between my thumb and index finger, and tried to jiggle it loose but to no luck.
Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!
RayLogan
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of RayLogan
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, jugagien wrote:
Hi all,
I'm reading pages 19 about the cap and still having difficulty removing the cap.
I essentially pinch the cap between my thumb and index finger, and tried to jiggle it loose but to no luck.
Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!


Not gonna lie, had the same problem and used my teeth, I did leave a little dent in the cap but it still works. Smile
jugagien
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of jugagien
Lol....just a small dent right?
Well I mean...i have pliers that could pull the sucker out but afraid it'll damage something >_<

Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, RayLogan wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, jugagien wrote:
Hi all,
I'm reading pages 19 about the cap and still having difficulty removing the cap.
I essentially pinch the cap between my thumb and index finger, and tried to jiggle it loose but to no luck.
Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!


Not gonna lie, had the same problem and used my teeth, I did leave a little dent in the cap but it still works. Smile
RayLogan
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of RayLogan
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, jugagien wrote:
Lol....just a small dent right?
Well I mean...i have pliers that could pull the sucker out but afraid it'll damage something >_<

Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, RayLogan wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, jugagien wrote:
Hi all,
I'm reading pages 19 about the cap and still having difficulty removing the cap.
I essentially pinch the cap between my thumb and index finger, and tried to jiggle it loose but to no luck.
Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!


Not gonna lie, had the same problem and used my teeth, I did leave a little dent in the cap but it still works. Smile



Yes just a small one, if I knew it would dent I could have been more careful but it didn't effect how it worked. If you use pliers wrap the cap with a piece of material, put a tee shirt over it and don't squeeze to tight and gently rock it a little to get it off, not a bad idea if you use your teeth as well. I managed to get the other off with my teeth and no dents...
jugagien
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of jugagien
Thanks for the advice Ray!

Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, RayLogan wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, jugagien wrote:
Lol....just a small dent right?
Well I mean...i have pliers that could pull the sucker out but afraid it'll damage something >_<

Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, RayLogan wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, jugagien wrote:
Hi all,
I'm reading pages 19 about the cap and still having difficulty removing the cap.
I essentially pinch the cap between my thumb and index finger, and tried to jiggle it loose but to no luck.
Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!


Not gonna lie, had the same problem and used my teeth, I did leave a little dent in the cap but it still works. Smile



Yes just a small one, if I knew it would dent I could have been more careful but it didn't effect how it worked. If you use pliers wrap the cap with a piece of material, put a tee shirt over it and don't squeeze to tight and gently rock it a little to get it off, not a bad idea if you use your teeth as well. I managed to get the other off with my teeth and no dents...
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1235 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I've lately been using my venoms as single ITR's and ran into a problem. One of the ITR's has stopped retracting..even when I set the tension to the fullest it doesn't. I tried a different el***ic but still same result?

Anyone else have this issue?
Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks
Sleepy
RayLogan
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of RayLogan
Elastic is the obvious, remember the video on assembly, care... and the part to make it run smoother...
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
949 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
So... who is using VENOM, any success stories or other experiences you made?
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1235 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2018, RickDangerous wrote:
So... who is using VENOM, any success stories or other experiences you made?


I'm using it as single ITR's now. Mostly for haunted deck and invisible touch.

Sleepy
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2056 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
My pick for trick of the year.
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
102 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
I am having a hard time trying to find the same elastic that is used; anyone found it anywhere for a good price? I found a couple places but they are in the UK (I am in US).. really don't wanna pay $12 shipping for a $2 item! lol

https://www.prestoninnovations.com/en/products/slip-elastic

If you found something that works well with it let me know.

Thanks.
Dylan Bryson
View Profile
New user
Space City
6 Posts

Profile of Dylan Bryson
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2018, BritishMagic wrote:
I am having a hard time trying to find the same elastic that is used; anyone found it anywhere for a good price? I found a couple places but they are in the UK (I am in US).. really don't wanna pay $12 shipping for a $2 item! lol

https://www.prestoninnovations.com/en/products/slip-elastic

If you found something that works well with it let me know.

Thanks.


I found the exact same used in instructions on ebay from a US seller and shipping was relatively cheap. On Facebook, as an alternative, the guys at Magie Factory suggested Autain Zim Es in .61 mm. That being said, does not look like it's produced here either.
spaceman-sam
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2018, Dylan Bryson wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2018, BritishMagic wrote:
I am having a hard time trying to find the same elastic that is used; anyone found it anywhere for a good price? I found a couple places but they are in the UK (I am in US).. really don't wanna pay $12 shipping for a $2 item! lol

https://www.prestoninnovations.com/en/products/slip-elastic

If you found something that works well with it let me know.

Thanks.


I found the exact same used in instructions on ebay from a US seller and shipping was relatively cheap. On Facebook, as an alternative, the guys at Magie Factory suggested Autain Zim Es in .61 mm. That being said, does not look like it's produced here either.




I have the recommended Autain Zim elastic. PM me if you want some and I'll sort something out for you...
bpearce
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of bpearce
For anyone looking some elastic, Stretch Magic Bands .5 seems to work. You can find this in stores at Michaels (if you’re in the US) or online. Additionally anyone having loose cap troubles, I’ve put a thin bit of blue tack/poster tack right on the lip of the reel/tube where the bottom edge of the cap contacts. Not much, just a little. This keeps the cap in place, but I can also very easily remove the cap for repairs. Feel to PM me and I can provide a picture of the Stretch Magic and the blue tack set up on the reel. I hope this helps! 🙂 My thread kept getting caught on my loose cap and breaking. This seems to have solved that issue.
There will always be someone better at some things than you are. There will always be someone worse at some things than you are. All you can really do in the end, is aim to be better than you were yesterday.
bpearce
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of bpearce
Anyone have any issues with one of their Venom ITRs being overly noisy? Only one seems to have this issue. I have tried adding ball bearing lubricant, less or more thread, smaller or larger elastic. I have no idea what is going on, but it is EXTREMELY noisy. I even tried taping over the slot where you can see into the reel where the elastic is. Nothing has worked so far and if I need a new part because I live in the U.S. Magie Factory won't ship to me. Also one of my clips broke. So right now unless I want to use it as one ITR it's not in working condition. :/
There will always be someone better at some things than you are. There will always be someone worse at some things than you are. All you can really do in the end, is aim to be better than you were yesterday.
bpearce
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of bpearce
Scratch that, they must have updated their site since I was last on it. They do indeed now ship to The U.S.
There will always be someone better at some things than you are. There will always be someone worse at some things than you are. All you can really do in the end, is aim to be better than you were yesterday.
Chrishue
View Profile
New user
NYC
62 Posts

Profile of Chrishue
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2018, bpearce wrote:
Scratch that, they must have updated their site since I was last on it. They do indeed now ship to The U.S.


I'm having the same problem. What country did you select on the list they give for shipping to the US?
bpearce
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of bpearce
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2018, Chrishue wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2018, bpearce wrote:
Scratch that, they must have updated their site since I was last on it. They do indeed now ship to The U.S.


I'm having the same problem. What country did you select on the list they give for shipping to the US?


Hey Chris, I selected États Unis which is French for United States. The full kit is out of stock but the coil kit with bearings is available. Also available separately is the spare parts kit. Each of those is 19 Euros and shipping is 25 Euros. Best of luck man! 🙂
There will always be someone better at some things than you are. There will always be someone worse at some things than you are. All you can really do in the end, is aim to be better than you were yesterday.
bpearce
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of bpearce
25 Euros is $30 in The US.
There will always be someone better at some things than you are. There will always be someone worse at some things than you are. All you can really do in the end, is aim to be better than you were yesterday.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Venom by Magie Factory (80 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL