The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Egg Bag Question (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
CJRichard
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
540 Posts

Profile of CJRichard
I bought one of Frank's bags years ago, but I've been eyeing a green Hobson bag because the color would fit my character and I like the idea of the outside being a different color than the inside. Earlier this year, when I was finally going to spring for the green Hobson, it went temporarily out of stock. After a few months, it is back in stock, but Jeff has also added THREE NEW COLORS! The "eggplant" is pretty cool. . . Decisions, decisions. . .
"You know some of you are laughin', but there's people here tryin' to learn. . ." -Pop Haydn

"I know of no other art that proclaims itself 'easy to do.'" -Master Payne

Ezekiel the Green
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1641 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
His new GOLD bag is BEAUTIFUL! I bought one.
thomasR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I've got my eye on a Hobson green egg bag as well. I think next up for me will be a Martin Lewis Mardo bag.... Want to give that style a try but I think the Hobson bag will eventually be my bag of choice. Who knows...
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
536 Posts

Profile of Rook
I've played with the cheaper Malini-style bag, the Hobson (red), the Senior Mardo, and one whose name I forget, but the bottom is rounded and you never need to worry about what side to hold.

I cut my teeth on the inexpensive Malini, so I might be a bit biased toward using the Malini variations. That said, my go-to bag is the Hobson. The handling is easiest and it seems to be the most effective for me.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6849 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I've been using the Mardo/Sterling bag since 1952, when Mardo gave me the "work" on it. I did buy a Magic Inc. Miller/Malini bag, plus Ken Brooks's excellent ms. I gave it an honest try, but, returned to the Sterling/Mardo. It just "fits" me, and my presentation, better, IMO.

The old Latin expression: "De gustibus non est disputandum!" (Concerning tastes, we should not argue!) is a good "rule"!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Rook
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2017, Dick Oslund wrote:
The old Latin expression: "De gustibus non est disputandum!" (Concerning tastes, we should not argue!) is a good "rule"!

Indeed!

-Roald Dahl
mtstic44
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I think I'm going to go ahead and get the Hobson Egg Bag. Today!!
Rook
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Rook
It's a good quality bag. Enjoy!

-Roald Dahl
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6849 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2017, mtstic44 wrote:
I think I'm going to go ahead and get the Hobson Egg Bag. Today!!

OK Allen! As Rook just said, "It's a good bag..."

NOW! It's up to YOU, to make that "Stradivarius, 'SING'!"
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
mtstic44
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
They said it is on the way.I can't wait and I'm also on vacation so I'll be able to play around with it. I also got the eggs to go with it.

Allen
mtstic44
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I got my Jeff Hobson Egg Bag yesterday and I love it. It is very easy to handle. The bag and his perfect eggs that I also got works perfectly together. I've been working on his handling, but now I have work on a presentation. Good thing I'm already divorced from my wife because she wouldn't have allowed me to spend that kind of money on a egg bag. If I had to pick between the two I would have gotten the egg bag. Oh well that's how the mop flops.

Allen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Egg Bag Question (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL