The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cipher by W. Jones, G. Clarke, and L. Barnes (97 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..24~25~26 [Next]
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2017, Ricardo_ltd wrote:
Just bought this. Great idea but it is FULL of bugs.

The calculator can't perform basic operations.

It does operations like: 2154x6=54 or 5416x5516=48, it's horrible.

You can't type more than 4 digits in the calculator, the numbers disappear!

Some star signs appear almost out of the screen, you can't read it.

The worst thing is the calculator not working like a normal one. Come on guys, I'm not a programmer but wouldn't that be the easiest part? Like getting it to behave like a normal calculator, being able to type more than 4 digits and getting the basic calculations right...

You have major work to do here, so far, by going through the app, this looks like a super buggy beta version. No way I would perform with this as it is right now, it would be suicide.

I have an original iphone 5, fully working and updated.

I have no clue what you're talking about... both of the equations you mentioned give me the actual results...
Ricardo_ltd
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Ricardo_ltd
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2017, MadisonH wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2017, Ricardo_ltd wrote:
Just bought this. Great idea but it is FULL of bugs.

The calculator can't perform basic operations.

It does operations like: 2154x6=54 or 5416x5516=48, it's horrible.

You can't type more than 4 digits in the calculator, the numbers disappear!

Some star signs appear almost out of the screen, you can't read it.

The worst thing is the calculator not working like a normal one. Come on guys, I'm not a programmer but wouldn't that be the easiest part? Like getting it to behave like a normal calculator, being able to type more than 4 digits and getting the basic calculations right...

You have major work to do here, so far, by going through the app, this looks like a super buggy beta version. No way I would perform with this as it is right now, it would be suicide.

I have an original iphone 5, fully working and updated.

I have no clue what you're talking about... both of the equations you mentioned give me the actual results...

What iphone do you have? Maybe it's a bug on some iphone models or something like that
Ricardo_ltd
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Ricardo_ltd
Great, I've unistalled to try to install it again and now I can't get a new licence. Ellusionist support here we go... Smile
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2017, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
Hey Greg!

Thanks for taking part in the conversation Smile I understand your reluctance but I can assure you, that this is magicians guilt playing tricks on your brain. I've been using this since last year and people just don't back track it. A big part of this is due to the calculator being Cleared by them multiple times. But also by clarifying with them before you reveal the information that they agree that you couldn't know what their pin/star sign/birthdate etc. could be. In the performances from Ryan, he performs very clearly, concisely and gives them time to think twice about whether he could know the information or not. You can genuinely see them thinking for an extra beat before admitting that they know he couldn't know the information.

My friend Ben Allen also shared, in the Facebook Group, a fantastic and practical idea which makes them truly believe the calculator isn't part of the method. I've tried it out since he came up with it and there's no going back.

I do empathise with you though, as I used to feel exactly the same with Billet work. I used to think 'They've given away the information from inside their head so surely they'll put two and two together". Of course, we all know it's just not the case. The same is for Cipher except there are more layers of deception at play. Hence, the wild reactions it constantly gets. To make it even more dumbfounding, when performer use a trick or two as time misdirection, then there's no hope for the spectators to figure it out.

All the best Smile

Ok Lloyd,

I'll give it a try and let you know how it plays.

Thank you for all of hard work in this app.
Greg
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
BUG FIXES v1.0.2 ||These bugs have now been fixed and your app will already be updated.

- Scientific number issue fixed. No longer shows +e for no reason.
- 6 digit pins now show.
- iPhone SE, 5, 5C and 5S size compatibility fixed.
- Certain phones had issues with thousands separator and decimal point. This should now work correctly.
- In regards to incorrectly sized font, you need to update to the latest iOS.

Will Jones is now working on adding in the new features that you've asked for whilst getting the Android version ready in record time.

Lloyd
Marniac
View Profile
New user
Bilbao, Spain
28 Posts

Profile of Marniac
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2017, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
BUG FIXES v1.0.2 ||These bugs have now been fixed and your app will already be updated.

- Scientific number issue fixed. No longer shows +e for no reason.
- 6 digit pins now show.
- iPhone SE, 5, 5C and 5S size compatibility fixed.
- Certain phones had issues with thousands separator and decimal point. This should now work correctly.
- In regards to incorrectly sized font, you need to update to the latest iOS.

Will Jones is now working on adding in the new features that you've asked for whilst getting the Android version ready in record time.

Lloyd

Hooray! This is awesome. I'm one of those that has to wait for the Android version, but I'm already working on some ideas and routines to make this work. Can't wait, honestly. Thank you so much for your work!
Ricardo_ltd
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Ricardo_ltd
Still waiting for ellusionist to answer...
LankyHobo
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
Hi

I'm curious as to why the e+ figure is seen as a bug? As other have said it's just what a normal calculator ( certainly the iPhone ones) does when the number is too big to fit on screen. It's the exponent. So when you say it's fixed what does that mean? So for example if the number reached from them multiplying is too big then what does the screen show? Sorry if I'm not understanding things properly.
Also, does the calculator flip into scientific mode when phone is in landscape?
I'm just curious. I'll be getting this anyway as it looks awesome. Nice work guys.
Many thanks.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2017, LankyHobo wrote:
Hi

I'm curious as to why the e+ figure is seen as a bug? As other have said it's just what a normal calculator ( certainly the iPhone ones) does when the number is too big to fit on screen. It's the exponent. So when you say it's fixed what does that mean? So for example if the number reached from them multiplying is too big then what does the screen show? Sorry if I'm not understanding things properly.
Also, does the calculator flip into scientific mode when phone is in landscape?
I'm just curious. I'll be getting this anyway as it looks awesome. Nice work guys.
Many thanks.

Try reading the thread.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Purchased - Installed - Brilliant.
LankyHobo
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
I have, Pegasus. But obviously I've missed the responses so perhaps you could be helpful and answer the questions I have? Thanks.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Ellusionist said Android version will be out very shortly!

I'm curious can one transfer the purchase license key from iPhone to Android?
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Yes, support@ellusionist.com should be able to help you do that.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2017, LankyHobo wrote:
I have, Pegasus. But obviously I've missed the responses so perhaps you could be helpful and answer the questions I have? Thanks.

Quote.
Anyone else coming across problems when doing calculations after awhile? I have the toxic reveal set at three times equal. It seemed to be workin fine the first dozen or so times I used it, but now after hitting the equals sign for the 2nd time, I get a number with the letter "e" and a "plus" sign.

For example, Using 28 times 11 (Nov 28th) I get the correct 308, but when I then multiple a pin # of 6969 and hit equals, I get this: 2.14645e(plus sign)6

When I then multiple that gibberish by the time, say 545, I get the correct toxic reveal. I've tried clearing things out, closing the calculator and re-opening, etc., but still getting the same issue. Am I doing something wrong?
mayhem
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of mayhem
LankyHobo... so what you might be missing on previous posts is that if you do that calculation as above on a regular calculator, your total on any calculator is 2146452. As you can see, the number of digits in the calculation is no where big enough to have the 'e' in the answer. So going from a big number to the forced number by multiplying again doesn't make sense as the forced number looks significantly smaller than previous result..

From what I understand, that is the bug that got fixed.

Hope that makes more sense.
LankyHobo
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
Thanks very much, Pegasus and Mayhem!
Yes I'd seen those posts but I had misunderstood and thought people believed the exponent itself was a bug, rather than that as you say the calculation wouldn't yeild that result not being big enough. Thanks Smile
Magidoc
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Magidoc
Just tried this update out and it did fix the exponent problem but I noticed that once you hit the multiply button, it reverts back to the exponent until you start typing out a new number to multiply. Anyone else have this same thing happen to them?
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Still happening to me. I just restarted my phone, typed in 12 x 31 x 9999 and it showed 3,719,628. I pressed 'times' and it immediately changed to 3.71963e6.
I tried the exact same calculation again, and now it just says 3.71963e6 every time.

The iPhone calc is able to display 9 digits in vertical mode before going to scientific notation. Cipher can't seem to reliably do 7...

Admittedly I have not updated my iOS recently, so maybe I'll try that, but not sure why that would matter in this case.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I too would be interested in the Android version once the bugs are sorted out.
Magidoc
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Magidoc
Last laugh, my iOS is up to date and I'm having the same issue as you. Though I'm not getting the exponent when I hit "=" anymore like I used to, just when I hit the "times" button
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cipher by W. Jones, G. Clarke, and L. Barnes (97 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..24~25~26 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL