The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Broken Wand: John Moehring (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1660 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Very sad news from Gary Plants and John Moehring's family that John has passed away. John was the editor of MAGIC magazine (2000-2005) and the editor of M-U-M (2005-2008).

John's book _A Texan Trixter_ was an autobiography that included details of his classic routines, including his Salt Pour Routine and his work with the appearing cane as a running gag.

John also wrote the books _Del Ray: America’s Foremost_ and _The Magical Life of Marshall Brodien_.

I first met John at the 1991 IBM Convention in Baltimore where he performed and also moderated a panel discussion on magicians who had appeared on "The Ed Sulliian Show." I was proud to consider him a friend.

Here's a video of John's appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show." His card manipulations, his appearing cane running gag, and his Salt Pour routine are fantastic:
https://vimeo.com/67302500

Many thanks, John, for all you've done for magic.

----- Sonny
----- Sonny Narvaez
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6644 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
We never met, but, I'm sure it would have been a very worthwhile session. I believe that he was the youngest magician to work the Sullivan show.

Requiescat in pace, John.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
Love those videos. He was really smooth.

David
Hookem
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Hookem
John was my inspiration to develop a manipulative act. I am glad I was able to meet him and tell him that. A gentleman and great writer. RIP.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Broken Wand: John Moehring (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL