The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Hidden mothers contest (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
Most of you probably remember MatCult who is missed (at least by me) on this forum. I would like to run collaborative creative contest inspired by his "Seance Contest".
To the point now - the aim for the contest is to have a bit of fun and get our creative juices flowing!
I recently came across few "hidden mothers" in the collection of my CDVs and I thought this would be excellent theme for a routine, an effect, a work of art, a script, a spooky story, a tale. What might be hiding in the dark behind the innocent baby? Is the baby really innocent or hiding a secret that should never surface this world? Is the erased hand really of human being? For those of you not familiar with the subject please take a look here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-......oto.html
or
https://www.flickr.com/groups/1264520@N21/pool/

Text-based entries should be sent in Word Doc, TXT or RTF format.
I will compile all the entries in a PDF. Every entrant receives a copy of the PDF as a reward for taking part. The only way to receive this PDF is to submit an idea (exclusions are on the Judging paragraph below). One lucky submission will win the PRIZE. The biggest prize is really the PDF but let's spice it up even more.
We have 3 offerings confirmed and I would like to thank all the below and each of them individually!

The jackpot is:

Soydan (of Evil Eye Workshop) has offered a "Pearls of the Passed"
Pete McMillan (of Spiritus Dictum) has offered a "Wizard's Eye Wand"
M.R. Darkness has offered one of his "Bell and Bone pendulums"

WINNER TAKES IT ALL!

The rules:

Send entries to pawelswiat[AT]gmail[DOT]com
Subject Line: "Hidden mothers contest"
Closing date for sending entries: 12 noon, Greenwich Mean Time, Sunday, October 15 2017.
Three months is a long time so if you send me an email I can put you on the list to be reminded every other week. I will then keep you updated on the amount of participants and progress of their work. It's a long time as I know most of you have full time jobs performing and working on your own projects. I hope 3 months is enough time for you to come up with an idea, make it epic, polish and send over. Text-based entries should be sent in Word Doc, TXT or RTF format. NOT PDF. Please NOT PDF. If you're sending images, especially if they're "printable props", consider sending them as image files rather than embedding them in the document. This will help to preserve their resolution. A resolution of 300 x 300 dpi or greater usually works okay, although in PDFs 400 x 400 dpi is recommended. If your email server has problem with the size of the files, please drop me a line and I will give you Dropbox folder to upload all the files needed.

Judging:

I received a huge support on this project from Yitzhak Schlomi (YitzhakNoDice on the Café) so please allow me to invite him to the judging panel. The second seat goes to MatCult who agreed to come out of shadows for short moment and help us decide on the lucky winner. The third seat belongs to myself. So it makes three of us deciding who the winner is. I think it goes without saying that the final PDF will be shared with all the judges and the 3 generous people offering prizes (jackpot paragraph). Please also allow the judges to make the decision if your work is enough to be included in the final PDF. The entries of the judges (if any) won't be rated by ourselves so none of us can win the jackpot. We reserve the right to reject entry if we find it not suitable. I basically don't want people sending me "the two sentence tale" just to get their hands on the final PDF. It's for your own protection as well.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
517 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
Proud to be a part of this, and, although I am exempt from the prize drawing, I will be submitting a story for this compilation. Thanks to Mat, Evil Eye Productions, Pete, and MR. Darkness for offering up the prizes. Mostly, thanks to Pawel who has already done a lot of work to get this compilation started. Kudos to you all! Now, everyone put on your thinking caps, pick up your writing pens, and fill your ink wells!
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
Hmmmm. The wheels are starting to turn. What a very generous offer from everyone involved.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
Chuga-Chuga-Chuga ---

Great basis for a contest. Just a quick clarification thought -- where will the rights to ther material submitted reside for publication or performance once submitted and judged?

Suggrestion here -- if not decided yet -- might this not be a project for correlation, then sale to benefit this forum and its support???? There must be a way to do that so we all can bebefit?
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
giro doro
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of giro doro
This is really cool, although the theme is a tough one from my point of view since I already knew the truly bizarre “hidden mothers” and never came up with something for it. I am real glad that you could continue the series. Thanks pawel and all of you who made this possible including MatCult.

May the Muses sing again...
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
Thank you all very much for kind words. It means a lot to me!

Re: copyrights - I haven't thought about that much yet. As the PDF would go to agreed participants ONLY they would all have rights to perform and use all content from it. They would have the publication rights to work they submitted only though. I will make it clear on the PDF. I think that make sense. It's not project for profit and I won't be publishing the PDF any more. It will be published once only and should not be spread. I hope it make sense. If you have any objections it's best to send me private message to discuss.

Thanks again guys. Please spread the word about the contest. We want as many participants as possible. Subject is not easy but with lots of potential Smile
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
Just a reminder about the contest. Please keep up working on the subject and spread the word. Thank you.
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
Just a reminder guys. So far we have very limited response. I hope everybody is waiting for the last moment but not sure.
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of topherhester
I'm actively working on it. Mine may end up as a compilation of small stories or routines instead of one because my mind is going in so many different directions on this.
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
I like that a lot !!!
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
My submission is almost ready. Just need to sit on it for a few days and make a few revisions and corrections. But the framework and most of the structure is set and good to go.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

~ Alfred Tennyson
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
Great to hear 😉
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Drafted and in the final phase of polishing it off. (Evil laugh)
Bob
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
My entry was just submitted.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

~ Alfred Tennyson
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
Got it. Thank you!
Schaff
View Profile
New user
Fargo, ND
75 Posts

Profile of Schaff
This is fun-- did anyone else ever enter 'proving the impossible' when online-visions was around? Also there was a great column there called bizarre bazaar by peter marcucci
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Wish I had time for this contest. Maybe another time.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
Dear all - final reminder. The clock is ticking and it's only 4 days left:

Closing date for sending entries: 12 noon, Greenwich Mean Time, Sunday, October 15 2017.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Submitted (on Friday the 13th no less)
Bob
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
517 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
With ink covering my fingers, I humbly submit my contribution...
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Hidden mothers contest (19 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL