The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Move Banquet Room top (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
I am sure this has been discussed and you probably have good reasons for nit having done it.

I often see posters post items in Penny who could have posted in Inner Thoughts. A reason often given is that "it's easier"; they know its not ideal but they make the tradeoff because it is easier. I presume this has to do with scrolling. Why not move the Banquet Room to the top and hide it for non-members? At least this way most traffic would go to the more private areas. Non-members would not see it and so would not realize it wasn't there. It would require minor one-time user re-education and should be technically reasonably simple.
It would take a small amount effort to makes things public, which means users would tend to err on the side of caution.
John
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4890 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
John, the banquet room is not visible to non-members and non-members cannot post regardless of the forum they are visiting. I'm assuming you are referring to members who have 50 posts which gives the access to Inner thoughts and all other banquet forums.

The banquet room is at the bottom of the forum list after all other generally accessible forums. I think the problem rests with those members that have access to inner thoughts and just don't think about the exposure they are posting in Penny. I haven't seen the "it's easier" justification but that doesn't mean it hasn't been used. The location of the banquet room is that it is an add on section for frequent posters.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Move Banquet Room top (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL