We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review] Quiver by Kelvin Chow (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MitchC
View Profile
Loyal user
Ventura CA
226 Posts

Profile of MitchC
I've got a couple of these bad boys. Love them ! One of the best purchases made this year.
mh1001
View Profile
Elite user
496 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2017, the Sponge wrote:
this looks super cool, but the visuals scream "trick coin purse!" and it can't be really looked at so.... "Cool, where can I get a trick purse like that?"

100% agreed. It's a big mistake to sell this purse using this argument, because it's pretty much the only thing you see in the trailer. I have the C-Purse, and it can't do what the Quiver/VDR can do, but I don't care because this effect is silly. The magical moment appear when the object is in the purse. When I use my gimmicked purse, the magical moment happens in my hands (or in spectator's hands, eventually), and the purse is sitting on the table during that time, when no one is looking at it while I do my effects. That's why with such a structure, there is much less heat on the purse.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1368 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
It just depends on how you will use it, Quiver allows you to do both approach while the C-purse is much more limited.

Plus, the Quiver is easier to use, looks better and feels better.
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
hinter_e_p
View Profile
New user
Luxembourg
5 Posts

Profile of hinter_e_p
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, Paul Rathbun wrote:
This looks like it would be perfect for a bill serial number divination. Money goes in a purse for safe keeping and they remove it themselves after some time misdirection. Since it isn't visual and they remove it themselves they shouldn't suspect a switch.

That was my first thought too!
I'd even love to go further and work with serial numbers and a second purse with coins and their dates. Butt tne one thing I'm sceptical about is the work with Coins and rings... will the spectators not feels or hear that there's something inside? I mean paper is one thing, but metal... anyone having this can clarify how it feels in your hand when loaded with a coin, key, ring etc. or even two coins... don't the cling together..?
Kuroth
View Profile
Loyal user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
293 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
No sound but they can be felt.. So some audience management to keep them from "feeling" it or use items such as paper are thin cards instead..

I still love mine but probably wont do much with thicker items that can be felt..
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
mh1001
View Profile
Elite user
496 Posts

Profile of mh1001
I tried the VDR, a friend of mine purchased it. I purchased the C-Purse. I can tell that both of them cover the sound pretty well. Unless you're overshaking the purse like crazy, of course. Also, make sure to open the purse widely, and you won't hear any sound.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review] Quiver by Kelvin Chow (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL