The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Stealth case by Steve cook... AlakazamMagic uk (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12 [Next]
sobrien
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of sobrien
I just received my Stealth Case today and love it! How do I access the FB group?

Thanks
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
Mine just came and I'll post back with my thoughts.
Question for those who own one. The code to register, do I need to play the DVD to get it? I was expecting it to be on a sticker or similar on the DVD sleeve but don't see anything.
Amazing how far we've come that I only have one DVD player left in my house and none of my laptops / computers have a disc drive of any kind any longer... Kind of hoping the teaching is available streaming or as downloads after registering. Smile
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
If you hold the DVD to your forehead, you may be able to psychicly perceive the code.

If that doesn't work, then, yes you will need to watch the DVD to get the registration code.
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
Unfortunately, method A didn't work.

Method B (Getting behind the TV to get a DVD player hooked back up) required significantly more gymnastics than getting a solid peek from this ingenious creation...!

What a well thought out and well constructed case. This is going to get a lot of use....

Quote:
On Aug 28, 2017, Stunninger wrote:
If you hold the DVD to your forehead, you may be able to psychicly perceive the code.

If that doesn't work, then, yes you will need to watch the DVD to get the registration code.
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Can anyone tell me the exact finish needed to make your biz cards dry wipe friendly. The cards supplied don't work for what I need.
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
Business cards are cheap, why not use the recommended method and just use a Sharpie. Great way to leave your business card with someone as opposed to reclaiming and re-using...

Quote:
On Sep 12, 2017, TheTableTopTrixta wrote:
Can anyone tell me the exact finish needed to make your biz cards dry wipe friendly. The cards supplied don't work for what I need.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I love this and I too have been using the shutting of the card case method to get my peep,i have not made up my own card's yet but I am happy using the ones supplied, I did make a boo boo once with a permanant marker,but going over with a dry board wipe marker clean's it all off Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Acetate plastic A4 sheeting can easily be stuck to the back of your own business cards if the backs are plain white like mine . This makes a dry eraser work perfectly for me at least kind regards Tarik 🙂
cardmechanic25
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of cardmechanic25
Just got mine today.. very cool idea . However, its interesting that on the DVD they go to great lengths to talk about how organic and natural the box looks and then you pull out those strange business cards from Duke. If you're using the peek for any effect that is not direct "mind reading", the duke cards are very odd. in sum, very cool method but will stick to my sight unseen wallet or other imp device..
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
You can very easily use your own business cards.
I'll be honest, I'm doing it both ways. I was also uncomfortable with the Duke cards at first and thought they would draw suspicion, but with the right bit of patter they haven't been questioned at all. I've asked some of my "test subjects" who are quick to call out anything suspicious and not one of them thought the cards themselves had anything to do with what was happening.

Another option is to use a stack of your own cards, some random business cards, and the Duke card within those. You can build some very natural patter around this. I once visited, here I still have the card, etc... It is very natural at that point that the case is where you keep your own cards as well as a small collection of cards you've kept from others.
cardmechanic25
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of cardmechanic25
If your premise is mind reading then the duke cards are passable and explainable but lets say you wanted to get a peek of a thought of card for an effect that was gambling related, then the duke cards become a little odd. but good idea on having your cards and then a few random ones. I like that .
cytoplasm
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of cytoplasm
Can you use the stealth case as an everyday business card holder? I have a SAW which is packed with effects so I don't generally have a lot of room in there to carry a lot of spare business cards as I don't like to pack the wallet out too much. I was thinking of getting a regular business card holder anyway so that I can carry a stack of cards with me to keep topping up my SAW was after each time I use a couple for an effect. I figured I may as well get the stealth case if it can be used as an ordinary card holder then that way at least I've got the option to use it for a p**k if needed or I just face a change in method from the SAW. Also if people get used to seeing my wallet in play for effects its nice to have something else that can throw them off the scent so to speak.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Yes, you can use it as a business card holder.
ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
305 Posts

Profile of ManchurianMan83
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2018, cytoplasm wrote:
Can you use the stealth case as an everyday business card holder? I have a SAW which is packed with effects so I don't generally have a lot of room in there to carry a lot of spare business cards as I don't like to pack the wallet out too much. I was thinking of getting a regular business card holder anyway so that I can carry a stack of cards with me to keep topping up my SAW was after each time I use a couple for an effect. I figured I may as well get the stealth case if it can be used as an ordinary card holder then that way at least I've got the option to use it for a p**k if needed or I just face a change in method from the SAW. Also if people get used to seeing my wallet in play for effects its nice to have something else that can throw them off the scent so to speak.

Yes, the Stealth Case can definately be used as a normal business card holder.
One of the things I like so much about it is the 'secret' only works when you want/choose for it to work...
any other time it just looks and functions like a standard card case.
Once you know the method, you'll see how that all works out.

FYI, It holds around 20 cards. (more if you use it only as a card holder and forsake the method somewhat)
cytoplasm
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of cytoplasm
Thanks for the replies guys that's very helpful info
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis

The Stealth Case Collector Edition is also available.

Tony
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2017, Rob.m wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2017, ManchurianMan83 wrote:
I'm with IAIN a little bit.

I like what I saw but at the same time it has a potential huge issue for me.
I'd like to know the answer to something before I take the plunge.

When you re-open to grab a card (and presumably get the peek), can they see what you are doing to the stack?

It's all well and good saying 'they can later examine the stack and find their card still in place'...

That's not the issue..

if I open the case, and remove a card (but they can't see the stack because I'm covering it with the lid) then for all they know I could be dead cutting somehow to their drawing and peeking it as I remove a card underneath.

Unless you can show them quite openly and cleanly the card you remove is the top card and the stack is kept intact while in the case, there's a flaw there in the idea IMO.

You are not doing anything to the stack and they can see some of the top card if you wish them to. How this is done is genius - if you get them to put the stack back in the case and after a bit of time delay you can ask them if they left a card out for you, open the case take out the top card, job done.

Or a simple bit of acting...You place everything away or let them do it then grab the pen and ... oh, hang on ... proceed to open the case take out a card. close case.

A simple bit of acting.
ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
305 Posts

Profile of ManchurianMan83
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2018, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2017, Rob.m wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2017, ManchurianMan83 wrote:
I'm with IAIN a little bit.

I like what I saw but at the same time it has a potential huge issue for me.
I'd like to know the answer to something before I take the plunge.

When you re-open to grab a card (and presumably get the peek), can they see what you are doing to the stack?

It's all well and good saying 'they can later examine the stack and find their card still in place'...

That's not the issue..

if I open the case, and remove a card (but they can't see the stack because I'm covering it with the lid) then for all they know I could be dead cutting somehow to their drawing and peeking it as I remove a card underneath.

Unless you can show them quite openly and cleanly the card you remove is the top card and the stack is kept intact while in the case, there's a flaw there in the idea IMO.

You are not doing anything to the stack and they can see some of the top card if you wish them to. How this is done is genius - if you get them to put the stack back in the case and after a bit of time delay you can ask them if they left a card out for you, open the case take out the top card, job done.

Or a simple bit of acting...You place everything away or let them do it then grab the pen and ... oh, hang on ... proceed to open the case take out a card. close case.

A simple bit of acting.

I bit the bullet and got one of these shortly after my initial post.
Love it!

You don't need to further convince me! lol :p
music
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of music
How difficult is it to put into your own business cards and is it noticeable?
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Old thred I know, but just sitting here going over old stuff I have and found my box and put the code in and watched the bonus by Dave Loosely, wow now that is a cool way and NO going back to the box ,which I gotta say I never like it having to go back and get a card for yourself.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Stealth case by Steve cook... AlakazamMagic uk (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL