The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » 371: "Club Deception" by Sarah Skilton (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
You're entering a new dimension. A dimension of sight. A dimension of sound. A dimension of mystery. There's a signpost up ahead. You are about to enter secret and private world of "Club Deception".

In this week's podcast, we chat with the author of an adult tale of intrigue, mystery and murder in the private (yet fictional) magic club in Los Angeles, California. Sarah Skilton is the successful author of many fictional novels for youth, but this is her first novel for adults and it goes deep into the world of magic. Sarah's husband, Joe Skilton, is a professional magician who is a member of The Magic Castle and was helpful with some of the background and research for this book. This podcast was recorded while I was in Los Angeles performing at the Magic Castle but delayed until this week to coordinate with the release of her book which just came out on Tuesday July 25th.

In our chat, she discusses the book, her development of the concept and character, and her research. I chose to talk with Sarah about her book because of the nature and uniqueness of the book. First of all, it is not a book of tricks nor is it a book where the magician is a villain or a fantasy character. Also, being a female author, she has a different perspective for her lead characters, most of whom are female, too.

You can learn more about the book by reading the blog, and you can view some photos of Sarah, see the book cover, enter the contest to win a copy of the book, listen to the podcast online, and download the MP3 file at: https://www.themagicwordpodcast.com/scot......-skilton

While you are at the blog, be sure to enter for a chance to win a copy of "Club Deception" by filling out the online entry form. The names of the three winners will be announced next week.

And welcome Dennis Wilson to the Friends of The Magic Word, who is the newest financial contributor. Thanks for your support, Dennis, and faith in our podcast. Your financial assistance helps defray our many monthly production costs associated with keeping this podcast online and fresh every week. For more information on how you can help, please visit: https://www.themagicwordpodcast.com/fotmw/

You can also help us by posting a five star review on iTunes in the Podcast Store where you can leave your comment that helps promote our podcast and boost our listenership. And in that regard, we were just recognized by FeedSpot.com as being in the Top 75 Magic Blogs on the Internet. We came in at 43 which actually puts us in the top 50! Thank you everyone for your support and for listening.
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
Oscar999
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
Someone at our Magic Club recommended this book at the last meeting.

I read it this weekend. What a fabulous story. I really enjoyed it. I must've missed this podcast, but I'll be sure to queue it up later and listen.

Oscar
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » 371: "Club Deception" by Sarah Skilton (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL