The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Justin Willman Netflix (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19065 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
As for camera tricks let me just say the following.

Why not use them exactly? What is so wrong with that particular deception?

Now getting caught using any method is inexcusable so that is not the point. Just don't get caught.

As for lies, well isn't that sort of the job description in some way?

Ladies and gentlemen we deal in deception. What we should strive to avoid getting caught up in is self deception. The idea that one method somehow is acceptable and another is not is odd to me. Again use any method you want just don't get caught.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
2896 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Quote:
As for camera tricks let me just say the following.

Why not use them exactly? What is so wrong with that particular deception?

Now getting caught using any method is inexcusable so that is not the point. Just don't get caught.

As for lies, well isn't that sort of the job description in some way?

Ladies and gentlemen we deal in deception. What we should strive to avoid getting caught up in is self deception. The idea that one method somehow is acceptable and another is not is odd to me. Again use any method you want just don't get caught.
Danny Doyle

There is more at stake than just getting caught with a thumbtip. If blue screen or cgi is used and you do get caught it hurts the whole genre not just that trick.

Magic on TV is pretty suspect and the only hope is that you can convince people that the TV audience is seeing exactly what the home audience sees. If not they might as well watch the latest superhero movie if they want to see people flying and transporting invisbly.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19065 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Nothing anyone does affects you or the entire genera in one way or another. Each is responsible for the public's perception of themselves.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5027 Posts

Profile of pepka
As with all magic on TV today, including AGT and Fool us......I'll just say this.....I miss Gary Ouellet.
natmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
291 Posts

Profile of natmagic
Justin Willman is very likeable and talented, I was however sad to see its 'yet' another no real magician required and edit to create the impossible show. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Justin Willman Netflix (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL