The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Black Fox shells (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paulbmx12345
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Paulbmx12345
Can the scarab and the turtle shells be used on a hard surface? Thank you
" Why, Mr. Anderson, why? Why, why do you do it? Why, why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something, for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is, do you even know? Is it freedom or truth, perhaps peace - could it
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mdspark
This is a good question and I am wondering myself as I am considering the turtle shells. If they cannot be used on a hard surface...can they be "altered" to do so?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Use a softer pea on hard surfaces... or even a sponge pea.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Paulbmx12345
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Paulbmx12345
Thank you so if I cut up a sponge ball into a really small piece the black fox shells should work on a hard surface?
" Why, Mr. Anderson, why? Why, why do you do it? Why, why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something, for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is, do you even know? Is it freedom or truth, perhaps peace - could it
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
I don't think there will be enough friction if you use a sponge on something like wood or glass.

Try it for yourself I don't know. I have a set of peas from sfs so I have never tried it out with a sponge.
Erik Anderson
View Profile
Regular user
Des Moines, Iowa
171 Posts

Profile of Erik Anderson
My experience is that the SfS "perfect peas" (which really are) will come out from under practically anything with the right handling...shells, glasses, little plastic margarine containers, 20 ounce soda caps, thimbles, or household pets. The little buggers are amazing. For that matter, they'll go under any of these things as well for later revelation.

Just for fun, do the shell game and have the pea disappear at the end only to be found underneath the spectator's full coffee mug (provided it has a recessed bottom).
Erik "Aces" Anderson

"I never let my schooling get in the way of my education." ~ Mark Twain

http://www.acesanderson.com
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Any set of shells can be used on a hard surface if you have the right pea. A pea made from a pencil eraser will work, as will the hand-made peas that Black Fox includes in his set, as will a S4S Perfect Pea.

Foam and latex peas will not work very well.

With the beautiful Black Fox shells, you have to use a light touch with the shell so that they don't click as the pea goes in and out. As you move the shell, let it travel lightly above the surface of the glass or wood, not scraping along on top of it. It takes a knack, and some practice, but it isn't really hard.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I got my turtle shell set last week. Although I have some "Perfect peas" on order, the ones that come with it work well even on hard surfaces. The turtle shells don't have the Chanin "dip" that SFS has, but they are nicely tapered inside, and I have a hard time keeping the pea inside. They just want to jump out at every opportunity.

Whit is right, you have to have a light touch and let the shells "float" over the work surface rather than let them slam down after the "move"
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
I bought a set of shells last year from Black fox, and I love them!

I use the perfect pea from SFS and they work on tables, glass counters, and steel bars.

Like Mr. Haydn says, you just need a light touch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Black Fox shells (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL