The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Kitchen Staff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zebra3
View Profile
New user
Kentucky
6 Posts

Profile of Zebra3
Just wanted to pass this along. After having worked at a restaurant for almost 3 years, I got requested, by the kitchen staff, to come do some stuff for them. It hadn't occurred to me to do that. The kitchen manager is who told me they wanted to see me, so now, when it's slow, from time to time I entertain them for a few minutes and the are very grateful.

They even requested me at the company Christmas party and the owners paid my normal show rate. I have performed for staff and we have a great relationship but those in the kitchen are often overlooked and now I have a wonderful relationship with everyone. If you haven't done this, I highly recommend it.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6851 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I haven't done any table hopping in YEARS!

I think that that is a very good idea! People have been talking about "working WITH the wait staff, hostess, etc. so that they understand the magician's relationship with the customers and the staff for years. This is the first time that I've heard of establishing a relationship with the kitchen staff, too!

It certainly can't hurt, and, in your case, at least, it sure helped. Besides, it got you a banquet job also!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11107 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Having been a chef/restaurant owner in an earlier career before becoming a performing magician for a career, I can honestly say that it DID occur to me long ago! Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18561 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Decades ago Michael. But glad he stumbled upon it.

Great attitude. Very aware which is always good. Always be willing to do more. As I said, great attitude. This will carry him very far no doubt.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2541 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2017, Zebra3 wrote:
Just wanted to pass this along. After having worked at a restaurant for almost 3 years, I got requested, by the kitchen staff, to come do some stuff for them. It hadn't occurred to me to do that. The kitchen manager is who told me they wanted to see me, so now, when it's slow, from time to time I entertain them for a few minutes and the are very grateful.

They even requested me at the company Christmas party and the owners paid my normal show rate. I have performed for staff and we have a great relationship but those in the kitchen are often overlooked and now I have a wonderful relationship with everyone. If you haven't done this, I highly recommend it.

Zebra3...yes!!! One of the managers made it a point to ask me to perform for the kitchen staff. They do appreciate it and as you said, during slow times. I also perorm for the servers when they are rolling silverware (slow times) Great relationships with patrons and staff = long relationship with restaurants and additional gigs. Just echoing your comments.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
CraigB
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of CraigB
Same here, I've performed for the kitchen now and again at the invitation of the chef. I don't go in unless asked sincr I don't want to get in the way.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
4978 Posts

Profile of pepka
Yep, always a good idea to perform for the kitchen and wait staff when you can. Usually at the beginning or end of the evening.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Kitchen Staff (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL