The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Jafo's coin across on Fool Us (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fybd88
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of fybd88
The act was on S04E04 and really hit me. It looks so pure and clean. I wonder whether it's proper to ask where the act came from or based on. If possible, I'd like to learn as long as a similar act.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6417 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Welcome to the Café! I'm going to give you much more than a routine. You need a copy of this:

http://www.coinvanish.com/nycdvd.html

Volume one is one of the BEST collections of COINS ACROSS I have found. Following up on that, Dr. Michael Rubinstein's Encyclopedia Of Coin Sleights is a MUST. That is a three-DVD set with every coin sleight imaginable demonstrated from every angle!

Find those...and thank me later Smile

Doug
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4498 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
And Also I will Have 45 Smile coins Across In my 2 Th. Hard bound Books! Everything from Easy To You have to be Kidding me Hard!!!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Chollet
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Chollet
The routine on which his method and presentation is based is by Glenn Harrison. It is called "Miracle Coins to the Pocket". You can find it in Bobo's Modern Coin Magic (Page168 in my edition). JAFO varied a few of the vanishes, but the method for the coin's travel is all in there.

This routine won Glenn Harrison first prize in the sleight of hand contest at the Society of American Magicians convention in 1949.

As they say, if you want keep a magic trick secret, hide it in a book Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
7709 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes, it is in Bobo's (been there a long time) Smile and while Jafo presented it wonderfully, it would've been extremely hard to fool a great SOH man like Teller as to it. And I think Jafo realized that but hoped he would more so appreciate the work of it. Still, it was beautiful to watch and to see how well it all works via such a serious technician...Loved all the skillfully placed misdirection. Bravo! Smile
*Check out my latest: Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon, well who knows, that just might be a horse of a different color." -Mb Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26478 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Open Bobo...
And if you can meet Bob Kohler, ask him to vanish a coin for you.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4498 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea I used to do that routine Years ago! It Killed!!! But it does Take time To But together !
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
fybd88
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of fybd88
Thank you all!
Jafo
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
19 Posts

Profile of Jafo
Thanks for the kind words. And yes, I had no illusions about fooling Teller. But I thought it'd be cool to show him all my added finesses and subtleties, so that was a cool moment.

But yes, the core is from the Bobo book, but It's been reworked top-to-bottom. I still have a few changes I want to make.

Thanks, y'all!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
7709 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Great to hear from you here, Jafo...Welcome to the Café. Smile

And I thought it was the "added finesses & subtleties" you were after really. I was thinking, how cool would it have been if you could've stretched Teller's mind a bit further by removing your jacket Smile and having the last coin or two go to the glass without what he thought was happening? Smile

Anyway, it's still an amazing routine you have there. Smile

Again, "Welcome." Smile
*Check out my latest: Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon, well who knows, that just might be a horse of a different color." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Jafo's coin across on Fool Us (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL