We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » First time street magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Arnaud M
View Profile
New user
France
10 Posts

Profile of Arnaud M
Tomorrow I'll go street magic for the first time in my life Smile. For now, I have already presented to my friends here then there, the invisible deck and two card monte. So I think I'll go with these one...
But shall I try to focus on one of them and show it to every group or try them all?
Also, shall I try to show more than one trick in each group even if they don't specially ask for it or show one and then move on??
Thanks for your advice.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4032 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
It doesn't hurt to try them all together. Maybe you'll find them nice to do as a set.

You will find it obvious after a while when it feels good to keep going or to stop after the first trick. Read how receptive they are.
Arnaud M
View Profile
New user
France
10 Posts

Profile of Arnaud M
Ok, thanks
Nat_lawson
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Nat_lawson
Arnaud,

I realize that your first time has already happened, and would love to hear how it went.

In performance, if you are only doing the two card monte and the invisible deck, consider doing both with the same deck. Start with the four cards you need for the two card monte, and perform the trick. Then say you are going to turn around and set something up for the next one. Spread the cards out make a big deal of hiding what you are doing. When you can, put the top four cards in your pocket. Then turn back around and hand the now perfectly set up invisible deck to someone to hold onto. Go into a fun and engaging presentation of the mental selection of the card for the invisible deck (there are dozens). Finally reveal the invisible deck and blow their freaking minds off.

In street magic, pocket space is gold, and not having to carry around two decks for this sequence of tricks is something that I would value a lot. Please let us know how it went for you!

-Nat
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » First time street magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL