The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mentalism routine involving marked deck in cyclic stack (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AlexanderG
View Profile
Veteran user
No more and no less than
366 Posts

Profile of AlexanderG
Hi. I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a beautiful mentalism routine that involves a marked deck in cyclic stack. Thanks!
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Hmmm.

I know a great Mentalism routine that uses a cyclical stack (stebbins), though the cards aren't marked. Check out "A Tribute to Dunninger" in James Swain's "21st Century Card Magic".

It can be purchased for download as a pdf at L&L epub for little cost. The book contains many other fabulous routines as well.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Your definition of beauty and mine may be very different. In the end, what can you do with the stack that meets your definition? For any card selected, the mates are 13 cards apart for a tetradistic stack. The color/value mate is 26 away for Stebbins stack and many others. What can you do with that information that would be beautiful to you?

Patrick Page's book has a lot of material about stacked deck work. The associations of positions are part of it.

Patrick
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Look for Lee Earle & Larry Becker's Demon Deck, and Osterlind's routines for his stack. PM me if you want more information.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2017, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Hmmm.

I know a great Mentalism routine that uses a cyclical stack (stebbins), though the cards aren't marked. Check out "A Tribute to Dunninger" in James Swain's "21st Century Card Magic".

It can be purchased for download as a pdf at L&L epub for little cost. The book contains many other fabulous routines as well.

This is a great routine, and while it's not necessary, I think it actually could be made slightly cleaner with a m****d deck. It does require 3 participants fwiw.

Lot's of stack work can be made cleaner with a MD (you just need to go the other direction in your stack, if that makes sense).

Osterlinds 'Challenge Mind Reading' and 'Card Calling' are great and a MD adds another layer.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
Either of the following Max Maven effects could theoretically be strengthened with the use of a marked deck.

'The Mockingbird' or 'The Hawk'.

Both effects use a cyclical stack such as Si Stebbins with a certain other principle that you will probably already be familiar with.

Another possibility is that you might reverse the order of a marked deck which you have first put into a cyclical stack order. Then do Richard Osterlind's 'Test Condition Card trick'. You will be able to read the sequential card from the top of the deck. No need for a card case peek. Hands off.

Of course a cyclical deck arrangement does not have to involve standard playing cards. You just require two attributes such as colour and shape or..........
AlexanderG
View Profile
Veteran user
No more and no less than
366 Posts

Profile of AlexanderG
Thanks, everyone.
jcigam
View Profile
Special user
Bellevue, Nebraska
512 Posts

Profile of jcigam
Luke Jermay's Marksman Deck.
"The mind has exactly the same power as the hand, not merely to grasp the world, but to change it."
MrEmagic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of MrEmagic
Ben Blau's Vindicator is an amazing effect, and you can make it even more impossible if you use a marked deck! You'd have to be a part of the Temporarily Out Of Order Facebook group if you want to learn this.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
With just the marked deck Spectator as mentalist or something like that from Ted Lesley.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2017, MrEmagic wrote:
Ben Blau's Vindicator is an amazing effect, and you can make it even more impossible if you use a marked deck! You'd have to be a part of the Temporarily Out Of Order Facebook group if you want to learn this.

I wish Patrick would find another way to share... maybe a google hangouts group? for the people that do not have Facebook but bought the book.

Marc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mentalism routine involving marked deck in cyclic stack (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL