The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Best over all wallet out there? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Scott Horn
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas, TX
297 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
To the original question posed...I'm no wallet expert but have had my share of gimmicked wallets over the years. To narrow this down, I see 5 basic gimmicks available in a wallet
. - Switching - i.e. Shogun
. - No-Palm card to wallet - i.e. Mullica
. - Palm card to wallet - i.e. Kaps
. - Peek - i.e. SUC, Espionage
. - Index
What am I missing?

I know of 2 variation of Switching: Shogun and Pimpernell, several variations for Palm and No-Palm, and I understand there are (maybe) a dozen or more variations for Peeks.

There is no "one size fits all," because the (1) the more features, the bulkier the wallet and (2) its not just about the feature (i.e. palm) its the configuration of that feature (i.e. slide, no-slide, Speed Loader, etc.)

For now, I carry the Alakazam Infinity wallet. Features include: Shogun, Palm C2W, Peek, and index. It does not have a no-palm gimmick and I don't use the peek features. It's bulky, but it suites me. I've shown it to other magicians and it doesn't suit them.

I agree wholeheartedly with Leo's initial comment... I believe the wallet should support the routines, not the other way around. With very rate exception... its better to find the gimmick that supports a routine and not force a routine around a gimmick.

My perspective is you first need to determine what routines you want to perform and thus what features your need. And then you need some parameters for the "type" such as jacket size vs hip pocket size vs business card size, thickness, cosmetics (i.e. zippered, styling), and specific wants (i.e. card in envelope in wallet).
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2201 Posts

Profile of warren
I would add palm loading with out use of a slide ie the excellent JOL range and some of Tony's excellent new wallets.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Best over all wallet out there? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL