The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Hiro Saki's Z Ray (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
In a collection of used magic I recently acquired a copy of Hiro Saki's "Z Ray" from Black Hat Magic in Japan. It is no longer available but my local dealer said it was a popular dealer item years ago. Was not familiar with it or just ignored it. Neat little effect. Spectator selects one of six ESP cards from a face down spread, while your back is turned they draw the symbol on a small piece of paper, fold it and insert the paper in one of three matchboxes. They mix the boxes. You turn around and point to the box containing the paper and then discern what symbol is drawn on the paper. Cute effect. Nice use of classic methods. I think would be of interest to Tenyo fans if you are not familiar with it.

Cheers,

John
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Big Congrats on the score John.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Hah, I have that one - bought at Themagicgadgetsite YEAAARS ago. Never performed or used it ... should give it a try. Thanks for the reminder John Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Another fun item I acquired recently is Astor Magic's "Zebra Code Prediction"... very Tenyoesque card revealtion....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfJecbHMaso

Cheers,

John
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
He shoots, he scores ... again! Totally Tenyo like. It reminds me of another effect, but the name won't come to my 60's hippy flashback mind.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
LOL!
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
John-O, while we're on the subject of Tenyoesque effects, what's up with your mates at Kreis Works? After delivering such stellar items as 'Unbalance', 'Short' & 'Micro Psychic', they've faded out. They're pounding the pooch so hard now, I've heard that the government is going to classify 'em as a puppy mill. Can you nag 'em like they stole our best ladies, so they get back on track?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Smile

Agreed that Kreis has slowed down in terms of output. They did put out a nice dice tower and forcing dice a few months ago....

https://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/pro......_id/2052

I hoped they would be at Magic Live this year, but not the case.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
That's not a dice ladder...they scoffed the 'Plinko' board from The Price Is Right game show. Bob Barker's still uptight about it. Absolutely howling at the big finish synchronized "Ooohs".
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
LOL!

How are things in your world these days Glen?
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Thanks for asking mate. All's dandy. No pending charges. No bail needed. What I don't understand is summer is almost over & I still have some brain cells left. I miscalculated something somewhere somehow I be guessing. How bout you Bud? Gigging at all? Any new Tenyo routine breakthroughs? Skirts treatin' you right?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Things are good here. Have partnered on producing the annual one day Magic event in Toronto (Browsers Magic Bash). Has become the largest one day magic event in North America... but hey who's counting Smile Still collecting/accumulating magic... have really started to enjoy refurbishing and enhancing props... will share some photos sometime. Am in the middle of a project re-doing an old electronic monte to look like an old carnival game and a cool case to go with it. And of course the interest in Tenyo continues... Did my share of killing brain cells this summer as well... in the words of the late John Lee Hooker... "one bourbon , one scotch and one beer" ;0
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Outstanding John! I'd take that as the ultimate honour being involved with Browser's Den of Magic in that way. Be proud about it my friend. Even the American magic dealers talk about 'The Den' with respect & how they are the prime example on how to run a shop. I remember taking a drive down from the Hammer in the old Len Cooper Days. Bought my 1st Tenyo T-74 Super Phanto Block there. Must have been round '76. Truly a magical place & times. Again, large kudos on your involvement.

Glad the hobbies are still evolving forward. Funny you mention carnival games...I've never successfully completed 'Cover the Spot' even after buying the secret. What's up with dat eh?

Any chance you recall Morrissey Magic?

Finally, I thought John Lee Hooker was the last of the original true bluesmen. Man, you got me all nostalgic.

Go Ticats Go!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Ti-Cats need all the help you can give them! Smile... unfortunately cannot brag about the Argos....

Yes, Browsesr's Den is a great shop and Jeff Pinsky a good friend and the owner (bought from Len) has done a great job keeping it a thriving part of the magic community. No small task these days.

Of course I remember Morrissey's (they always had a great Tenyo selection!). We brought in Dan Morrissey as a guest of honor to the Bash a couple of years ago.

Alan Wong makes a nice Cover the Spot set...

Speaking of nostalgic... am going to see Edgar Winter, Alice Cooper and Deep Purple Sat night!

Cheers!

John
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2017, J M Talbot wrote: of

Speaking of nostalgic... am going to see Edgar Winter, Alice Cooper and Deep Purple Sat night!

John

OMG, your going to be the youngest one there!
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Yeah, cheering for da Cats this year is a form of believing in miracles.

Thanks for all the shops update info. When is the Den bash btw?

Ironic you mentioned the Alan Wong set. It is the set I have. I'm still not getting it thou. Wrong confession to make huh. Now you're thinking I take the short bus everywhere & wear a helmet fulltime right.

Why not open the concert with a short Tenyo set? Be the opening act. Thinkin' that concert could eliminate the remaining brain cells problem. Have a blast.

Be Well
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Bash will be Sat, Aug 21, 2018... PM me if you ever need any other info. Cover the Spot does require a bit of a knack for sure! Perhaps if I was going to see Alan Parsons I might offer up the Tenyo opening set...Smile and yes I fully expect to see some walkers and scooters at the show.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Hiro Saki's Z Ray (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL