The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Grant Rope Trick (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
I did the other day for some kids using a "Can't judge by appearance" message

So simple and yet so impactful - plus getting kids to do silly things behind their backs.

Does anyone else ever perform this?

I am inclined to teach them how to do it so that they can "spread the message" Any thoughts on this?
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Please Ken, Gen Grant's clever idea is way too good to expose to kids who have no sincere interest.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Partly I agree. How about adults who have no sincere interest? Ho does one tell?

Yet, part of me feels that getting a kid to do anything besides video games is good. Those who are not serious will soon forget.
The one in a thousand might have found a seed to nurture.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Sorry Ken, but I can't agree with your thinking! We are not here to 'save the world'. We are just here to entertain.Those who are really interested, will find out. Gratuitous exposure will not help.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2017, Dick Oslund wrote:
Sorry Ken, but I can't agree with your thinking! We are not here to 'save the world'. We are just here to entertain.Those who are really interested, will find out. Gratuitous exposure will not help.

I have to agree with Dick on this.If there interested in learning they will search for it.
Todd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Grant Rope Trick (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL