The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » How's Magic Inc doing? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peder Andersson
View Profile
New user
Sweden
18 Posts

Profile of Peder Andersson
During this year I have sent two email requests to Magic Inc in Chicago; one in January regarding a book (that was out of stock) and one in August in which I enquired about the shipping cost for one of their books (overseas). So far I have had no response. I think it's sad that a shop like Magic Inc with an interesting product line (I like books) doesn't reply to emails from it's (prospective) customers. Such lack of agility is often a sign of a business about to close down. Does anyone in here have inforation about the health of Magic Inc?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18559 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I don't think unfounded rumors are a good thing.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1641 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I agree with Dannydoyle.

Peder Anderson: DON'T DO THAT.
Peder Andersson
View Profile
New user
Sweden
18 Posts

Profile of Peder Andersson
Unfounded rumors? My experience is very real. I just wondered if any one knew if anything is going on at Magic Inc that prevents them from answering e-mails.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18559 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Saying it might be a sign of a business about to close down is not cool. You can always call them.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2099 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
Saying it might be a sign of a business about to close down is not cool. You can always call them.

He's in Sweden.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18559 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Skype or Facebook. Better than unfounded rumors isn't it?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2099 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
...Or ask here on the Café.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18559 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Sure ask how to get in touch, but a sign of a business about to close? Would you want someone speculating like that about your business online? I think it is not cool is all. You guys think it is perfectly fine. No biggie.

We think it is disrespectful. You find it ok. Like I said no biggie.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Tim Snyder
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
50 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2017, Peder Andersson wrote:
During this year I have sent two email requests to Magic Inc in Chicago;

one in January regarding a book (that was out of stock)

and one in August in which I enquired about the shipping cost for one of their books (overseas).

Maybe it is the opposite of what you are implying. Perhaps business is booming and they don't have time to try and figure out when an out of stock book will be available again or to take an overseas order for a single book.
Smile

Everyone understands your irritation... It is your jumping to extreme conclusions that they found odd. The problem could be as innocent as your Swedish email ending up in their spam folder. A while back I had emails from a Canadian friend blocked by my computer for some reason.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20075 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It seems their policy is not to respond to emails and inquiries. A poor way to do business, but that is how they are. They will not even respond to telephone calls, or look anything up. Sandy Marshall, Jay Marshall's son inherited the business, and he and his wife running it. I don't think they ever worked in the magic business before, as when I called, they did not bother to answer any of my questions, or know what I was talking about, even after I explained what I was inquiring about.

Several years later, after one of my enquiries, they must have been curious, as they resurrected the trick and sold it for a while. No they never contacted me, I just happen to stumble across it while checking on other tricks.

I heard they saw the business as a "gold mine", and decided to run the business themselves.

They have relocated the business, and extended it with more lectures and events then ever done previously.

They are continuing to publish books as well.

I think the poor design of their website tells a lot about their knowledge of magic. Just no descriptions of what they are trying to sell to you.

Sad, but it seems they are only interested in the income generated, they have little intention to do more.
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » How's Magic Inc doing? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL