The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Professor BC The Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
So. San Francisco, CA
1364 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Just finihed going thru the pdf, absolutely wonderful !! Just in time for Halloween & to add to my Alice & ideas to use with other effects ( most of the Prof's 😉).

Glad you got one Jorey, I think I was buying the very last or second to last key ! I had accidently added 2 & had inventory issue message, corrected to 1 & it went thru.

Thank you Prof & Dan for another run of these !!
paul180
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of paul180
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2017, afinemesh wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2017, paul180 wrote:
Wow! That's some key? Anything different from say the Carlyle Key? http://www.carlyletouch.com/mental_key.html

Ahh. . .yes. A few things

Great explanation. I'll be sure to get one. Thanks Smile
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a foolish man can learn from a wise answer.

Attributing negativity to a topic or post doesn't make the topic or post negative,
it shines a light on the negativity of the person or persons, making the attributions.

BEWARE these Debbie downers and anything they say. They simply lack the self esteem or good will, to be positive or productive. Your belief in self, is more
important and is all that matters, for your success to be glorious.
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
858 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
It really is the best haunted key, and in more than one way. First of all it has the best balance of any key and can be performed in the specs hand. It is also a fooler too, even to other magicians.
Bob
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2190 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2017, Intrepid wrote:
It really is the best haunted key, and in more than one way. First of all it has the best balance of any key and can be performed in the specs hand. It is also a fooler too, even to other magicians.

Maybe too balanced? thus the need for....

The "original" key that Carlyle uses/used can also be performed in the specs hand.

Would the same magicians be fooled by the original key? Why are they fooled? Just because they've not seen it? if not, what do you think makes the difference? Just that it's a different key?

s
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1357 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Yep, maybe too balanced.

It depends on the performer's objective. If you want to teach almost anyone to perform the key turn, it is marvelous. But if the performer is supposed to be seen as extraordinary, in the sense that not just anybody execute the mysterious turnt, then a sufficiently-but-less-than-perfectly balanced key may be better.

The Resurrection Cemetery key is also rather small; for a larger group, a larger key may be better.

Nevertheless, BC's key is wonderful, and any performer who really likes the key effect should have one in his or her arsenal.

George
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2190 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2017, George Hunter wrote:

But if the performer is supposed to be seen as extraordinary, in the sense that not just anybody execute the mysterious turnt, then a sufficiently-but-less-than-perfectly balanced key may be better.

George

But isn't the object itself haunted? Thus, it could turn in anyone's hand. The performer has nothing to do with it,* the object is extraordinary.

*I will concede you could have the power to "bring what is in the object out." or there may be some stories where the key is not the "actual key" and then the performer may drive the power.

s
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1091 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
It baffles me sometimes the worry about whether something will be "found",
if there is something to be found , don't let them touch it , we are performers (does willie nelson let you touch his guitar before the show, do we seek to look in a boxers glove, or when your plumber comes do you check his tools) tell the tale, if they need to "do something" let them, if not there is no need to prove every step to them.
I guess my path might be different then some as I'm a vampire, I don't seek to empower them, merely entertain for a moment then escape in the night.
use the best tools at your disposal Smile
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions
www.Gothicmagic.com
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2794 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2017, gothicmagic wrote:
It baffles me sometimes the worry about whether something will be "found",
if there is something to be found , don't let them touch it , we are performers (does willie nelson let you touch his guitar before the show, do we seek to look in a boxers glove, or when your plumber comes do you check his tools) tell the tale, if they need to "do something" let them, if not there is no need to prove every step to them.
I guess my path might be different then some as I'm a vampire, I don't seek to empower them, merely entertain for a moment then escape in the night.
use the best tools at your disposal Smile

Actually, I do check my plumber's tool box when they arrive and when they leave. only need to have a vital organ missing once to learn this lesson.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1091 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Willie
Once they are on your table are any of their organs vital anymore? Smile
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions
www.Gothicmagic.com
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
1566 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
How else will he make 7 Organ Soup?
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2794 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2017, gothicmagic wrote:
Willie
Once they are on your table are any of their organs vital anymore? Smile

I was referring to my organ. Fall asleep once and they take advantage of you and steal your only organ. How else can I play the funeral dirge?
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2794 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2017, WitchDocChris wrote:
How else will he make 7 Organ Soup?

Sometimes people misunderstand. It is severed organ soup not seven organ soup. Really not as good as it sounds.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
So. San Francisco, CA
1364 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Recieved my shipping notice, looking forward to it !
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2554 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2017, Merlinsmagic wrote:
Recieved my shipping notice, looking forward to it !

Me Too!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2794 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
By the time I found out they were reselling they were all sold out. Bummer!
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
826 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
10 more arriving later next week.....
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1357 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
In response to Sponge's comment: "But isn't the object itself haunted? Thus, it could turn in anyone's hand. The performer has nothing to do with it,* the object is extraordinary"

That is a really interesting alternative premise that had not occurred to me. Usually, the performer's premise is more like spoon bending; the purported power flows from the performer. For your premise, BC's key is ideal.

George
tvbuzz
View Profile
New user
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
55 Posts

Profile of tvbuzz
Looking forward to this
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
So. San Francisco, CA
1364 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Just recieved mine, BEEEAUTIFUL !!!!! This will be perfect for upcoming lil Oct spectral gig gatherings I'm planning.

Thank you again Prof & Dan for making these available again !!
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
848 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Love the Resurrection Cemetery gate key. I almost didn't purchase it, because it's kind of expensive for a haunted Key. But I was honestly floored when I received it. An absolutely awesome prop.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Professor BC The Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL