We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Trading Room » » WTB Ultra Gaff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LoKii
View Profile
New user
Down down the rabbit hole
1 Post

Profile of LoKii
Hello everyone,

some time ago on ellusionist.com I had seen a deck labeled ULTRA GAFF cards. The only ones I can now find on there seem to be gaff decks for arcane/tiger cards.

Any idea where I can get my hands on one of the ultra gaff decks, or maybe someone has a spare pack that they would be willing to sell?

Regards,
LoKii
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
700 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
You need to decide whether or not it is worth it to start working with the Ultra Gaff cards. They will no longer be made. I'm sure they ran into the same problem some other gaffed decks ran into - a violation of the stricter policy on changing certain aspects of Bicycle artwork.

It's been a few years now, but USPCC began to get very strict about what they would let people change when having gaffed cards printed. The Bicycle Rider Back design, the ace of spades and the joker were now untouchable - as far as changing the lines/shapes on the cards. Color variations are OK but no morphing of the these three areas were allowed. Of course this made many gaffs off-limits.

Many people have switched to Mandolin, Maiden or Phoenix backs for their gaff work.

You should also know that there were counterfeit Ultra Gaff decks coming from overseas and it is likely that some people don't even know that the decks they bought were knockoffs. If you buy from someone, make sure they purchased the deck directly from Ellusionist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Trading Room » » WTB Ultra Gaff (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL