We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Something that looks kinda new, comments? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jeffl
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of jeffl
Found this while surfing around YouTube, it's billed as Michael Bourada's "Shattered", sort of the mirror-shard version of a blade box. I have no knowledge or connection to the artist so I think it's OK that I bring it up here (hasn't been that much new going on here lately anyway). Seems fairly original to me but then I don't find myself reading that many trade magazines nowadays so I could be WAY off. Would anyone like to put in their two cents with regard to originality/effectiveness? From what I can tell the video was put up fairly recently...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEuaf8K18TQ
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2079 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Jim Steinmeyer
jeffl
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of jeffl
Uh, which book is it from? Who's the builder?
jeffl
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of jeffl
Huh, I'm puzzled that there weren't any responses. (Yes I know who JS is) Maybe someone knows if there's an AUTHORIZED builder for this and who that might be?
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7138 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Personally, I would ask Michael Bourada himself if he invented and built this illusion.

Michael used to be active on the Magic Café as "Bradacal" but hasn't posted in a while now.

- Donald

P.S. The idea of using broken mirror shards as blades in a box reminds me of Greg Frewin's take on the Origami Illusion (and yes, I realize that Michael's illusion isn't Origami).

Wellington builds both versions of Origami.

http://www.wellingtonent.com/products/origami.html

One of several threads on Origami & Greg Frewin.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......c=357720
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
jeffl
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of jeffl
Thanks Donald, I appreciate your insight.
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
This illusions is called "The Plate Glass Mystery" and you can find it in Jim Steinmeyer's book, "Conjuring Anthology".
( When it appeared in Magic Magazine many years ago it inspired Greg Frewin to use broken mirror shards as blades in his version of the origami illusion.)
jeffl
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of jeffl
Gee so it isn't "new" in the usual sense (just to me I guess), sorry because I didn't intend to mislead anyone, thanks for the help RVH!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Something that looks kinda new, comments? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL