The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Changeling: ODO by Marc Lavelle (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Thank you for your kind words, Madison! Glad you are enjoying the project!

An additional addition utilising one of the accessories, is to show a folded $1, front and back - turn it to a $10, show THAT front and back, then turn to a final $20, and show THAT front and back before cleaning up Smile

Great for American notes as you can make the additions with left over bits Smile
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
Yes true but you take away the slightly obscure sized one which is still strong but you have dressed it up imo a tad Tarik 🙂

The clean up can be done during the opening of the final note and plays out quite naturally. I am used to doing it as a ‘helpful geasture’ more than a ‘trying to hide something’ one.
rbcjhollander
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of rbcjhollander
Thanks Marc. Just got it today. Looking forward to digging in. Live long and prosper. Smile

Quote:
On Sep 13, 2017, MarcLavelle wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2017, rbcjhollander wrote:
Does anyone know if there are any other updates to the original Changeling other than the locking gimmick and the name, ODO? (Someone is obviously a Star Trek: Deep Space Nine fan!)

You're only the second to mention DS9! Smile

As well as what is listed above, you have the multiple changes, Full customisation - even once the main gimmick is built, you can customise it very quickly, even between performances if you have other options ready to go!

Also this can be handed out with a ditch, not a switch, should you choose to.

I know it sounds big headed, but this project teaches multiple gimmicks and adaptations to suit all performance styles!
--

"Don't make unimportant things important." - Dai Vernon
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
How does this differ from elvolve when elvolve is made using the note option ? Regards Tarik 🙂
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
How does this differ from elvolve when elvolve is made using the note option ? Regards Tarik 🙂

Evolve is a great effect - but completely different.

The main differences would be that it can change 2-7 (maybe more) times - has multiple ways of executing the change, can have a note fully open before and after.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks Marc for the clarification regards Tarik 🙂
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
This looks excellent Marc, for those that have this already given that you ditch/steal something away at the end what is the reset like ?

Also I presume that you could perform the basic 5&1 transpo with this but have the advantage of using UK bills of different sizes and makes ie paper and polymer would this be correct ?

Finally if you require a specific gimmick to make this up does this mean you can only make one up or is it possible to make more than one up with whats provided ?

Thanks.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Reset is about 2 seconds.

Yes you can use US bills or different sized bills/polymers

You can reuse the gimmick
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2017, MadisonH wrote:

Thanks for the reply 😊

2 second reset sounds good, can it be done in the open ?

When you say the gimmick can be reused does that mean your supplied with just one.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2017, warren wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for the reply 😊

When you say the gimmick can be reused does that mean your supplied with just one.

I wouldn’t. But you could as you put it away with the focus somewhere else. It’d be much easier if you have about two seconds with no one intently staring to reset.

As for how many, I’ll let someone else answer that because I still haven’t received mine. But you can definitely reuse the gimmicks for other notes.

Madison
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks for the input Madison 😊
cardmechanic25
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of cardmechanic25
Would this be good to borrow a spectator dollar and do a bill sw*^ch. for a serial # reading?
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
So I finally got around to watching this. I LOVED the original. It was one of the few bill effects I would perform that wasn't my own. This new update is brilliant. You can tell Marc really put a lot of thought into this, it isn't just some small update. The fact that the gimmick locks and is removable seals this for me. I almost kind of hate Marc for releasing this, because it's just so good
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2017, cardmechanic25 wrote:
Would this be good to borrow a spectator dollar and do a bill sw*^ch. for a serial # reading?

No
cardmechanic25
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

No

What would you recommend to ring in your bill after given a borrowed bill? without a h**ber wallet or the like?
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No

What would you recommend to ring in your bill after given a borrowed bill? without a h**ber wallet or the like?

Jinx Switch
cardmechanic25
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No

Jinx Switch

thanks
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the reply 😊

Sadly, You're supplied with none; you must make the gimmick, and it involves some pretty major arts and crafts, imo
(Please don't blast me, it's just my opinion)
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
As you have to make the gimmick yourself that means I could make more than one up which is a bonus, I would presume everything required to make the gimmick is easy to get hold of ?
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
This looks excellent Marc, for those that have this already given that you ditch/steal something away at the end what is the reset like ?

Also I presume that you could perform the basic 5&1 transpo with this but have the advantage of using UK bills of different sizes and makes ie paper and polymer would this be correct ?

Finally if you require a specific gimmick to make this up does this mean you can only make one up or is it possible to make more than one up with whats provided ?

Thanks.

Thanks to everyone that has already answered these, they are pretty spot on!

With the last question though, using the additional ideas taught at the end, you can have your 'base' gimmick made up, then customise it for certain effects, essentially have different reveals etc ready to go.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Changeling: ODO by Marc Lavelle (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL