We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Has walkaround and propless taken over? (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
15852 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It's just an opinion/viewpoint...it's not based on research, mainly how popular the threads are when propless mentalism is released...
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
836 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Another indicator could be the number of sold effects in the field of not propless effects. unfortunately I have no data related to this issue. if he number of sold effects did not decline I have proplems to understand the theory for taking over. if the number declined this would be an hart fact of course.
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
836 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Seems like we wrote parallel. I get your point. maybe it is that porpless has its fans - but is it really at all threads from propless effects or is it only at some like proteus while other like some effects of fraser parker are not overrun with posts?

could be that if there are a certain number of fans they are more motivated to write if a propless effect is published (because there are not so many published propless effects) and so (as there are less published effects in the field of propless) at some effects the posts sum up..
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Elite user
In Your Thots
403 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Very interesting and enlightening thread.

Ok here's my 2c.

Has walkaround taken over mentalism? Not yet, but it eventually will.

Reason - Hobbyists have always driven the magic market by their sheer numbers. So eventually most mentalism releases have to qualify as 'walkaroundable' to achieve sales numbers for the creators.

Has propless taken over mentalism? No and it never will.

Reason 1 - Propless is mostly process heavy - so takes some doing.
Reason 2 - Propless is generally more serious and less entertaining.
Reason 3 - Propless is not visual - most of the time.
Reason 4 - Propless needs much higher focus levels of both performer and participant.
Reason 5 - Propless may sometimes not be 100% surefire.

I guess, due to these reasons, hobbyists will tend to keep away from propless, more or less.

Personally, I do like and enjoy performing propless but only in one on one scenarios.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
Recovering Cafe addict with only
9807 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I've been doing a good bit of walk-around mentalism for many years now.

To say that only hobbyists are doing this is far from accurate.

My friend the late great Master Mentalist was not a fan of such things, as it's not the ideal vehicle/venue for mind reading. But it does allow me a heck of a lot of flight time in the sandbox to test ideas and also scripting and gauge reactions. It also lets me differentiate my services within my market segment.

So I like it generally, although frankly I get tired sometimes - And truly nothing beats the rush of a great stage or parlor performance.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
1457 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I like to walkaroud propless when I'm at home, but not in public.
LL=MM
paul180
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of paul180
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2017, Last Laugh wrote:
I like to walkaroud propless when I'm at home, but not in public.

You have props but I don't want to see them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Has walkaround and propless taken over? (37 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL