The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » AMcD's Videos Legacy (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3095 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
That's some beautiful work Arnold!

I'm assuming those numbers are generated randomly, and you're adjusting on the fly? (not that it even matters, it's still excellent control).
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
TH10111
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of TH10111
Nice work as always Arnold Smile
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3095 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Hi Silver!

Yes, the numbers are picked randomly, from 1 to 5. Then I hold back from 2 to 10 cards... and split that slug in 1/1, 2/2, ..., 5/5 in order to stack the two cards perfectly! It's mainly for fun, as holding back 10 cards consistently is very difficult. Well, at least for me.
Gamblingman007
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Gamblingman007
Wow this guy Arnold is absolutely phenomenal. Even though he’s not the best I’ve seen, he sure run a close 2nd place. Excellent work, excellent. That Jason Ladayne guy is pretty good as well.

I might be wrong for saying this and please correct me if I’m wrong. The only drawback to this move that I see is the gathering of the three cards constantly during actual play. How would you or y’all guys accomplish this in a real game with eyes periodically checking out your deal?

The Gamblingman007
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2171 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
I will move my response to this post by Gamblingman007 above to a new thread to not detract from Arnold's video legacy series.

The new thread is Detecting and Preventing Riffle Stacking.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3095 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZcO7Obvl6I

I did that video a few weeks ago for comparison purposes with a guy claiming he has he perfect bottom deal, in "The Workers" section of the Magic Café. The one I demonstrate here is far from being perfect, but I think it's way better than his though.

It's 4-5 good years I don't practice bottom dealing anymore, as it's a useless technique for me. Therefore, don't judge me too hard Smile.

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy!
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2171 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
You always perform nicely AMcD. In fact, I can visualize future generations, 100-200 years from now, reveling in your demos after all other demonstrators have been long forgotten.

But...

Is there any chance of seeing a demo of your highly coveted Greek bottom deal? Surely that cannot be a useless technique. In fact, it is the only way to deal a bottom nowadays because of the common use of a cut card.

I know your are not going to demo your Zarro Shuffle as you want to keep that under wraps ... but a "Greek bottom" (no pun intended), would be a nice addition to your legacy.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3095 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6O8r85GgR0

That one is from dinosaur's time, but it's fun to do it.
Yowie_
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Yowie_
Nice shifting there, sir. I played with it for a few min and found it possible to use the top card of bottom half as a cover for the replacement. Then you can slow it down a bit. Not that that matters for borderless cards Smile
Marko Ragnos
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Marko Ragnos
Wow! It's amazing!
liamwilson1125
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of liamwilson1125
I did look at some moves performing by Arnold from his site, his Facebook and elsewhere (sorry for my bad memory). His hands are so stunning, especially for Riffle Stacking and Bottom Deal. He does not move any fingers from the holding hand when doing the deal, absolutely amazing.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3095 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Thanks for the good words. Here's another one for you. A bit difficult this time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnlkNSUMBpo
liamwilson1125
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of liamwilson1125
Quote:
On May 23, 2018, AMcD wrote:
Thanks for the good words. Here's another one for you. A bit difficult this time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnlkNSUMBpo

That's magic to me haha
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
I'm thick as a brick Arnold ... it took me until 2:34 in your video before I realized what you were doing!
I was even screwing around with my sound thinking I was missing something or someone calling out the numbers Smile

Very nice work, your hold-backs are seamless.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2171 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Nice manipulative demo of holding back cards with the riffle with no discernable hesitation. You are truly a master.

I tried this myself and got up to holding back 1 card, and sometimes 2 cards, although I miss a lot and hesitate too much at the top of the shuffle as I block off the cards.

A friend of mine told me that any three-year-old can master this move with 20 years of practice. Unfortunately, I am no longer three years old so that creates some problems. However, to lessen my concern my friend offered to buy me a free Starbucks coffee if I can master holding back 1 and 2 cards with at least 40% accuracy.

I'm working on it but I think my fingers are getting in the way. Smile

Nice work Arnold.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3095 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Thanks guys.

There are three big concerns with card stacking:

* Holding back cards. From 4-5, it becomes a problem. If you follow my rants on Facebook, I made many posts about accuracy, speed, etc. If you want, I'll post a couple of videos here.

* Consistency. You need not to miss. When you play for money, you don't stack 250 hands per game, just a few. If you miss it when all is set up, your money is gone. And your partners may not like it.

* Rhythm. You must use a smooth rhythm. It's better to be slow and have a smooth rhythm than be fast and stop, hesitate, etc.

The demo on the video above is very difficult to do. Well, at least, for me. Holding back randomly from 1 to 10 cards is certainly not something I learned overnight. As nobody has never demonstrated such a thing, I thought you would like it. I think that the most interesting point is to show one or two dozens of stacks in a row, proving consistency. To me, the most important thing in card stacking.
ssibal
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of ssibal
Very nice work.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3095 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1280 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Smashing!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » AMcD's Videos Legacy (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL