The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » AMcD's Videos Legacy (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3095 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Https://youtu.be/y3MdcOXD_1U

That one is hard. Plastic cards, especially brand new ones, are tough to manipulate.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2171 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Nice work Arnold. I can't do that. (But then again, I never had to.)

See, I told you. Plastics are easier to work with than paper cards and your moves looks much better with plastics. Smile

Work a little more with them and you will never go back to paper cards again. Smile
Marko Ragnos
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Marko Ragnos
Arnold it's looks amazing. Is it practical in real game?
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
760 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
It looked very good.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3095 Posts

Profile of AMcD
@Marko

I think so.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2171 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2018, Marko Ragnos wrote:
Arnold it's looks amazing. Is it practical in real game?

Quote:
On Jul 30, 2018, AMcD wrote:

@Marko
I think so.

@AMcD: For the sake of discussion, under what instances would you find this move practical in a real game.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3095 Posts

Profile of AMcD
It's the fastest and easiest way to stack two cards. Keep two good cards on top of the deck while shuffling and cutting, and just third-deal and second deal those cards to yourself.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2171 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2018, AMcD wrote:
It's the fastest and easiest way to stack two cards. Keep two good cards on top of the deck while shuffling and cutting, and just third-deal and second deal those cards to yourself.

Yes, in theory I agree with that observation but...

But do you honestly feel this is realistically viable in a money game with observant players?

It seems to me the hustler would either have to force or hop the cut, or in the alternative hold out two cards and cap them back on top of the deck after the cut. Then he would have to deal 3rds around a full table, then 2nds around a full table without a miss or slip up anywhere in the procedure, using a "non-pristine" or perhaps somewhat sticky deck that has been in play for a period of time and all this without getting caught?

It seems to me that on a practical level, this might be somewhat problematic at best...and perhaps quite dangerous? There appears to be several areas where this can go wrong, and unhappily so.

But of course, that is just my thought on the subject.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3095 Posts

Profile of AMcD
I said easiest method of stacking because there is virtually nothing to do in terms of stacking Smile.

But for sure, dealing consecutive 3rds and 2nds can't be considered easy.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2171 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
I would venture to say that anyone who tries this move in a tough money game with reasonably observant players, has to have cojones of steel or a death wish...even if he does the move as skillfully as AMcD. Smile

It is easier and much safer to use a riffle stack. Smile

IMO this move is better suited for demos and theoretical discussion rather than for real play. Smile
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3095 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Yesterday, for some reasons, I watched a TV Poker show. Only pros there, Farha, Brunson, etc. In 40min, I'm not sure that ONE single player ever paid attention to the dealer when he dealt cards. So...
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2171 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Well, it only takes one to pay attention at some point...and they have cameras in actual games.

Might be tough to fool an overhead camera, shooting at different angles and with playback at different speeds, dealing 2nds and 3rds with white bordered cards.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3095 Posts

Profile of AMcD
No, nobody would pay attention to my deals. When I play very expensive games, I plant a poster in the cardroom before the game starts. It distracts all the players, even the security guys. I'm in a good day, I show you the poster.

Try it, you can do anything at the card table with it.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2171 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
I certainly can't top that...the ULTIMATE "shade" move.

Are you sure you really wanted to divulge that incredibly subtle ploy on a public forum like this?

(Maybe tried and true Erdnase aficionados may have to evaluate their concept of SWE based upon this new and previously undisclosed information.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » AMcD's Videos Legacy (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL