We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Card Devilry by J.K. Hartnan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5654 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
I'll have a review written soon of J.K. Hartman's latest book Card Devilry. However, for the impatient among you, the book is superb and the first routine "Mock Mix" is a stunner. More to come!
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5654 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Admins, it's 3:40 AM and in the thread title I misspelled Hartman. Would you please change it? Thanks!
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Special user
954 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Where is it available?

Who published it?
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5654 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2017, Tim Cavendish wrote:
Where is it available?

Who published it?


Hi Tim,

It is published by and available at Vanishing Inc.

Cheers!
nooner
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of nooner
Vlad. I am not seeing this on the Vanishing Inc website. Can you post the link?

thanks,
Jim
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Special user
954 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Right, I looked there as well. Nada...
magicthree
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Interested in this book also
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5654 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
It should be up shortly. Mr. Hartman kindly sent me a copy and it is indeed published by Vanishing Inc.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5654 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Just an additional comment: I didn't mean to come off as snarky or whatever. I received the book two days ago and assumed it was on the Vanishing Inc. site. I apologize for any confusion.
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
344 Posts

Profile of KLG
Thanks for the update Vlad. I like both Card Dupery and Card Dodgery a lot. Will get it once it is available.
Wordsworth
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
I remember around new years Vanishing Inc announced that in 2017 they would have something new by Hartman. I'm assuming this is it. I still haven't gotten Card Dodgery yet..
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
824 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Very excited for this! All of his books are great!
CitinoMAGIC: Entirely new site COMING SOON!!! Check back regularly.
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1155 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2017, Wordsworth wrote:
I remember around new years Vanishing Inc announced that in 2017 they would have something new by Hartman. I'm assuming this is it. I still haven't gotten Card Dodgery yet..


Which is "funny", as Hartman had announced Card Dodgery as his last book. Well, I'm glad it's not.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5654 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, Claudio wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2017, Wordsworth wrote:
I remember around new years Vanishing Inc announced that in 2017 they would have something new by Hartman. I'm assuming this is it. I still haven't gotten Card Dodgery yet..


Which is "funny", as Hartman had announced Card Dodgery as his last book. Well, I'm glad it's not.


I'm glad as well although he informed me that THIS will be his last book! lol Anyhow guys, I hope to write a review late next week. IMHO the book is brilliant with a LOT of "workers."
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Special user
954 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, Claudio wrote:
Which is "funny", as Hartman had announced Card Dodgery as his last book. Well, I'm glad it's not.

Quite a few magic authors have written multiple "last books".

If they're good, keep 'em coming.
Wordsworth
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, Vlad_77 wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, Claudio wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2017, Wordsworth wrote:
I remember around new years Vanishing Inc announced that in 2017 they would have something new by Hartman. I'm assuming this is it. I still haven't gotten Card Dodgery yet..


Which is "funny", as Hartman had announced Card Dodgery as his last book. Well, I'm glad it's not.


I'm glad as well although he informed me that THIS will be his last book! lol Anyhow guys, I hope to write a review late next week. IMHO the book is brilliant with a LOT of "workers."


I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts, Vlad. Maybe I can add this one to my Christmas list.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
3711 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, Tim Cavendish wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, Claudio wrote:
Which is "funny", as Hartman had announced Card Dodgery as his last book. Well, I'm glad it's not.

Quite a few magic authors have written multiple "last books".

If they're good, keep 'em coming.


I agree. At first I was a little bummed since I thought I had a "Last Edition" when I got Card Dodgery (and grabbed it on sale for half price to boot) thinking it be a collectors edition one day. Then, less than a minute later, realized it is still such a good book and now I can grab "another" Last edition from the same author that may even be better. All of that aside, I sure wish they would do a reprint of "Card Craft" so I can complete the collection without having to shell out $300 for an OOP First Edition. Smile
www.shadowpest.wordpress.com <~~my cancer story



Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).






Smile Smile
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1155 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, Tim Cavendish wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, Claudio wrote:
Which is "funny", as Hartman had announced Card Dodgery as his last book. Well, I'm glad it's not.

Quite a few magic authors have written multiple "last books".

If they're good, keep 'em coming.


Quite right! Actually, I know at least of one who’s a "last book" serial writer Smile Yet again, no complain from me.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5077 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I own and love Trickery Treats, AfterCraft, Card Dupery, Card Dodgery.
I can't wait for this one. I am a Hartman disciple.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Card Devilry by J.K. Hartnan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL