The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Out of this world / oil and water (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pattrick
View Profile
Regular user
maumee, ohio
171 Posts

Profile of pattrick
I am working on a presentation/ prop to work with these red / black effects. Are they the same principle? . I have never done it and looking for straightforward routines. I've seen a couple, but cannot remember where. Thank you in advance. Pattrick
check out www.pattricksmagic.com for the best in close up pads and tables.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2449 Posts

Profile of Tom G
In the simplest look, they are similar in outcome, they are different effects. In Out of This World, generally the spectator is allowed to make the decision on red or black or deal the cards down themselves. With Oil and Water the magician take a small number of cards red/black that he "mixes" and then shows separated, usually a few times, with each looking more fair on the mixing.
pattrick
View Profile
Regular user
maumee, ohio
171 Posts

Profile of pattrick
Tom, Great, Thank you. Then I am interested in versions of Out of this World. Suggestions are welcome. I probably have some in my limited book / DVD library. Now I know what to look for I'll check these as well . Thank you.
check out www.pattricksmagic.com for the best in close up pads and tables.
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
3718 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Hi pattrick,

For straightforwardness, may I suggest?
https://www.lybrary.com/oil-and-water-1-p-118656.html (In my opinion, item #1 doesn't get any cleaner

Smile
Wravyn
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Hey Pattrick, first of all, love my close up pad!
For a nice OOTW routine, check out Patrick Redford's "Small World". Penguin Magic has it as an instant download if you want to go that route.
In the view of each individual is the world a sleightly different shape, it matters not how things are, but how we perceive them to be.
garys
View Profile
New user
Hertfordshire, UK
46 Posts

Profile of garys
Hi Pattrick,

I love Out Of This World. My favorite version is the one on this DVD "1 Deck... 14 Tricks... 24 Hours - Matthew J. Dowden" ( http://www.rsvpmagic.com/1-deck-14-tricks-24-hours-vol-2/ ) It's easy to do. You can use a borrowed deck it can be shuffled. It's so easy to do it gives you loads of time for presentation. I did last week in front of twenty people, I randomly asked each of them to pick Red or Black.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2279 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Check out the bonus Out of this world on Spiral Principle dvd. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14038
Probably the easiest and my favorite of all that I have seen.
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
My favorite oil and water is the KJV oil and water that you can find in Larry Jennings manuscript Up In Smoke. I think it's also on his Thought On Cards Video.
Matthew Olsen

www.mattolsenmagic.com

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2279 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2017, MagicJuggler wrote:
My favorite oil and water is the KJV oil and water that you can find in Larry Jennings manuscript Up In Smoke. I think it's also on his Thought On Cards Video.

How difficult is it to do? Thanks.

-Paul
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2449 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I like Harry Lorayne's Impromptu Out of This World or for a gimmicked version, Cosmos Duo.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Out of this world / oil and water (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL