The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Magic for the blind (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1266 Posts

Profile of edshern
Has anyone performed magic for the blind one on one?
It would have to be something done verbally and in their hands.
If so what effect did you use.
psychod
View Profile
Regular user
Upstate New York
129 Posts

Profile of psychod
At one of the Magic Lives, there was a show with this exact theme. Each spectator was blindfolded and then led to a seat. A box with items in it was strapped to your leg and at various times, the performer would tell the audience to take a particular item out of the box and give directions as to what to do with it. It was a somewhat surreal experience but it did force you to think. I'm sorry but I can't remember the performer's name offhand.

Dave
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6976 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
To understand how difficult is is for a sighted person to understand, notice how Psychod described the participants in the Magic Live program! (He called the participants, "spectators"!

My pal, the late Dennis Loomis, on a tour for National School Assemblies, about 20+ years ago, was booked in a school for deaf children. (Some states, out west, have boarding schools for deaf youngsters.) When he arrived, he learned that about half of the audience were blind.

The school provided a "signer" who would translate his patter. (I've done many similar schools.) The blind youngsters were seated behind the deaf kids. A teacher, would describe what Denny was doing, as the show progressed!

Many years ago, I donated my show to a summer camp that served handicapped kids. About a hundred kid attended. In the front row, a lad of about 12, sat next to another lad of about the same age. The first boy kept whispering to the second boy. After the show, I learned that the second kid was blind.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Magic for the blind (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL