The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Profile not Updating (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2425 Posts

Profile of John Long
I noticed that my profile does not list a recent post to a thread that I had previously responded to.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=210

Is there a reason that the most recent addition (9/21/17) to this thread doesn't show up in my list of recent posts?

Thanks;
John Long
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4890 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
John, no way to tell. We haven't deleted any posts in that forum. Post it again and see what happens.
Where the magic begins
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2425 Posts

Profile of John Long
Dave:

I think you misunderstood my comment. The link I provided shows that my post is still in the thread.

My point is that looking at my posts from my profile, the "Topics in which I have posted but not subscribed" list does not show a recent date (e.g.; a 7/25/17 is currently the most recent addition to that link/thread). Hence, even though others are still posting to that thread, the list in my profile is not listing any recent posts to it.

John
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4890 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
John, when you look at the "topics in which I have posted but not subscribed" is says in the last 3 months. You posted in May which is over 3 months. I'm pretty sure that explains what is happening. The list looks at when you last posted, not when some else posts to the topic.
Where the magic begins
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2425 Posts

Profile of John Long
Dave:

I would be surprised and disappointed if that is how the feature was implemented - If someone resurrected a thread, I would like to know it.

Yet, I couldn't find an exception to your interpretation of that feature, in my list.

Any chance that that interpretation of "last 3 months" could be changed to posts that were updated in the last 3 months (by anyone)?

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Profile not Updating (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL