The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Rope for Livera's Rope, Nut and Knot routine. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Winged_Lion
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Winged_Lion
Hi,

I am working on Rope, Nut and Knot by Giovanni Livera and I think I finally found the right kind of rope. It's 3/8" Nylon rope (from Ace Hardware) and exactly 36 inches. I was wondering if the core should be taken out or not. It seems a bit stiff and was wondering if it's supposed to feel like this to compensate for the weight of the nut. I've looked through the posts here and can't find any information on whether the core should be removed.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Aslan
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
A year or so ago, I wrote up some information on rope in the "knots and loops" forum.

The stiffness in nylon rope, depends on how it is 'laid'. I have Nylon rope that is extremely flexible, and some that is fairly stiff.

"magicians' rope is technically called "kernmantel" (German word). It has a woven sheath around a core of untwisted yarns. The yarns are easily stripped out. Then a half to 3 quarters of the sheath can be tucked in to keep the rope sheath from fraying.

I'm not familiar with Signor Livera's routine, so I can't comment.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Winged_Lion
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Winged_Lion
Thanks, Dick.

I took the core out and it is much more fluid and I think I'm going to also make a Nightmare set with it too! I think this is going to be a worker for me!

Best,

Aslan
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I just got the dvd secondhand, need a decent nut, doesn't say what size on dvd, I will recheck on the dvd, I may have missed the size, I have nylon rope already,
roningramii
View Profile
New user
Van Buren, Arkansas
18 Posts

Profile of roningramii
Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. Always looking for a new (to me) rope effect.
Ron Ingramii
pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
226 Posts

Profile of pattrick
I have usd the soft rope I use for cut and restored. I had carried a piece for the original finale for Darryl’’s ambitious card routine. So it got double duty. I also have used a small diameter cot ton cord and some thicker cotton cord / ribbon from the fabric store. I think not too thick or stiff is the key.
check out www.pattricksmagic.com for the best in close up pads and tables.
mike bonfield
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of mike bonfield
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2017, wally wrote:
I just got the dvd secondhand, need a decent nut, doesn't say what size on dvd, I will recheck on the dvd, I may have missed the size, I have nylon rope already,

hi do you have the size of the nut thanks
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
The inside diameter of the nut is 1"in. (The outside diameter is 1.25 in.) He covers this on the DVD.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Rope for Livera's Rope, Nut and Knot routine. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL