The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Javi Benitez on Fool Us (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
KokoB
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of KokoB
I love packet tricks always collect them I saw the effect that Javi Benitez did on Fool Us & was amazed on how talented this man was. What are your thoughts on his effect?
Boomer
View Profile
Elite user
San Ramon, CA
414 Posts

Profile of Boomer
I love the magic that comes out of Spain. Tamariz, DaOrtiz, Aragon and now Benitez.

Dave
trent_hardcore
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of trent_hardcore
What an amazing effect! I don't think I've ever seen a packet trick like that where I've been so thoroughly convinced he only had four cards.

I didn't love his presentation though. I felt it was pretty over the top and misjudged (switching from overly dramatic to cutely comedic in a stilted fashion).

Still, no single routine has blown me away like this one. My head is still reeling.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1769 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Well, never seen that thick 4 card packet that was in the wallet at the start. The blank to jokers was beautiful and the first change got me totally of guard but after 3 almost identical repeats it became clear what was going on. Rest of the routine I just found confusing effect wise.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
As a big fan of Wild Card (been doing it for over 35 years) I thought this was extraordinary.

Robert
Javi Benítez "Chango"
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Javi Benítez
Hi guys! It´s Javi Benitez here. First of all, thanks for the comments (the nice and the not nice ones, I learn even more from the non-possitive ones!). Someone uploaded a video with a completely different music track ripping out all the audience reactions. Here is the video with the original music of the act https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLB5oOq76c8 , I think it makes more sense with the acting involve and the hidden meaning of the whole act. PS. I´ll be at the Magic Castle visiting next week. Would be great to see some of you there! Cheers!
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
542 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Quote:
On Oct 6, 2017, Javi Benítez "Chango" wrote:
Hi guys! It´s Javi Benitez here. First of all, thanks for the comments (the nice and the not nice ones, I learn even more from the non-possitive ones!). Someone uploaded a video with a completely different music track ripping out all the audience reactions. Here is the video with the original music of the act https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLB5oOq76c8 , I think it makes more sense with the acting involve and the hidden meaning of the whole act. PS. I´ll be at the Magic Castle visiting next week. Would be great to see some of you there! Cheers!

Javi, grandisimo! la estructura, la presentacion, la ejecucion, todo! perfecto, ese numero no es para Fool Us, es para congreso internacional! Felicidades
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Has this been published?
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1231 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Javi, welcome to the Café. Please stay with us! Your act was superb! I loved Penn's response as well. I think we all saw bits and pieces of at least a half dozen effects... but we'd just be guessing (at least speaking for myself). Looking ahead for more, and sorry I won't be in LA to see you. (please visit San Francisco). Lynn
Javi Benítez "Chango"
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Javi Benítez
Hi! To MagicMan1957: No I have not publish it.
Lynnef: Thank you! If I visit San Francisco I´ll let you know!
Mark Carrion: Thank you!
jefkve
View Profile
New user
Orange County, CA
52 Posts

Profile of jefkve
Javi: Beautiful work. Watched it a couple of times and was more impressed with each viewing. Congratulations!
AsL
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of AsL
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2017, Boomer wrote:
I love the magic that comes out of Spain. Tamariz, DaOrtiz, Aragon and now Benitez.

Dave

Agreed.
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
416 Posts

Profile of MitchC
That was simply Brilliant ! Can I buy it ;-)
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
1807 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
MitchC - read the post 3 above yours.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3205 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Javi Benítez "Chango", the magic and the presentation, including your persona, were great.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Alex McFly
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Alex McFly
Hi Javi, very beautiful and special act! Gratulations!
Goldfield
View Profile
Loyal user
Universe
222 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Javi,

You are a facinating artist and your performance was magnetic. If only we had more of this we would be taken more seriously.
The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence. Nikola Tesla, Serbian Inventor
Javi Benítez "Chango"
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Javi Benítez
Thank you everybody for the very nice comments. I also accept the critical ones though!
If someone want to join me, there will be a chance to be together in a Workshop very soon in L.A. There will be me and another great Spanish magician, Miguel Angel Gea (Fat Brothers)
If anyone wants more information, just check here: www.javibenitez.com/seminar
For anything else, I´ll be here and there.
epsilon97
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of epsilon97
What an amazing performance! I think packet tricks are so compelling, and this one had so many beautiful surprises.
Saint-Pol
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Saint-Pol
It was truly beautiful. One of then best I've seen. And the character/personality was superb as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Javi Benitez on Fool Us (14 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL