The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 52 to 1 Deck update (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
matsam
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of matsam
I'm often having a similar problem as the last couple posters. I continually cut one card below where I'm supposed to be. I'm sure I need to tweak the b******* somehow, but I've remade them about 6 or 7 times trying to get it right. Somehow I keep cutting below it instead of above it. Not always, as it sometimes works ok. Just wonder how I'm making it wrong.
rekoj
View Profile
New user
ENGLAND
50 Posts

Profile of rekoj
A possible solution to your cutting problems ...

Click here to view attached image.
tomdeg
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2018, matsam wrote:
I'm often having a similar problem as the last couple posters. I continually cut one card below where I'm supposed to be. I'm sure I need to tweak the b******* somehow, but I've remade them about 6 or 7 times trying to get it right. Somehow I keep cutting below it instead of above it. Not always, as it sometimes works ok. Just wonder how I'm making it wrong.

If you're not, cut from the long edges of the cards.
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
597 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2018, matsam wrote:

Quick solution is to cut the deck from the long sides, as mentioned above. I found I cut one card below (taking the b*******) because my c**** isn't right to the corners of the b*******, but slightly off to the sides.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2018, ike_hill wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
There was in my version but alas I aborted it due to a confliction of interest but it was a 100 % by the magician and a good 80 % by the spectator . Anyway it’s water under the bridge now Tarik 🙂

So you won't be putting out your version? Last I saw you were going to have it for sale at Blackpool. Just checking for clarification because I had a strong interest in your effect.

No as I have bought the contract back off Mark Mason as he is now not releasing it due to potential problems from the 52/1 crew . I cannot get the cards massed produced for my version at an affordable price . Obviously I have my own and I can make them in bikes but the decks are too expensive to get printed to make it viable . They will work out £50 a deck which is silly money so although I now have the rights back I am keeping it dormant but may add even more nuances ( which can be used or not ) so no one can moan . I would then need a dealer again to take it on but certainly for Blackpool 2018 and the near future and possibly for ever it’s not happening . Having said that I bought the rights back for a reason so I will never say never Tarik 🙂
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2018, matsam wrote:

Reverse make the BC.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
In my experience reverse breathers are much more reliable and seem to last in the deck for longer. I use them in loads of items, it really simplifies some handlings.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
In my experience reverse breathers are much more reliable and seem to last in the deck for longer. I use them in loads of items, it really simplifies some handlings.

Finally, we agree on something. Smile
rekoj
View Profile
New user
ENGLAND
50 Posts

Profile of rekoj
Last message was cryptic.
Essentially a reverse b******* c**** card on top of a b******* c**** card.
coachawsm
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
In my opinion cutting is not really the problem - you can always cut and when you realize you cut to the wrong card (as you know there is an indicator) you say you changed your mind ...
What annoys me more is the question you have to ask, in order to get an idea which card it is - this has been left out of the trailer and is missleading in my opinion.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
There’s always something missing in any ‘thought of’ card routine.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I am not sure of the question they ask but I can tell you the question you ask in my version is a statement and not even a question and there is no better or worse scenario whatever they reply with as you are stating an actual fact which is always true Tarik 🙂
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
In 52to1 its also a statement (with different possible reactions). I love the new version!!!
Awesome thinking went into this.
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
I always perform this for 3 people at once, on the first spread I just talk about how there are high cards low cards and mid range cards. Then I ask each spectator to think of a high card middle card and low card, I justify this by saying it cuts out any chance of them picking the same card....gets fantastic reactions and not a single question to ask before I cut the cards
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2018, ArtIn wrote:
In 52to1 its also a statement (with different possible reactions). I love the new version!!!
Awesome thinking went into this.

Ha ha love this quote above .
The new version only came out when they found out about my method and added not the method of mine but certainly more cards to the mix and it now sounds like the statement instead of a question lol . I withdrew mine from the market but they made it actually closer to mine by adding these extra cards and now possibly a nuance in the question . Anyway a different method so good luck to them Tarik 🙂
powerpool
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of powerpool
I found that instead of the bc in 52 to 1 by Wayne Fox that a corner short works better. I hope I am not out of line with this advise. I do this as I do not have the spectator cut the cards himself
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Short card is another , long card another it all depends whether you want the spectator to cut it which was 80 % of my method but in all honesty it flys if you cut yourself mine was more fool proof for the spectator and 100% for the magician and different printed cards , also nuances and even strong outs if they missed and you wanted to go down the spectator cutting route Tarik 🙂
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I noticed that Dynamo cut the cards himself on that TV clip. Is this the default method?
coachawsm
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2018, pegasus wrote:
I noticed that Dynamo cut the cards himself on that TV clip. Is this the default method?

Yes. If you want 100%, you should cut it yourself.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Thanks. Makes sense.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 52 to 1 Deck update (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL