The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Feedback on my Triad Coin Set? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1802 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2018, warren wrote:
I picked this up mainly because I'm interested in purchasing a Triple Threat from Todd Lassen however this set has put me off, it's very noisy, as a single coin it doesn't look very good you definitely need to keep the coin moving, due to the small size it's quite fiddly and I found the gimmick to be unreliable when it come to releasing both the s***l and i****t sometimes the two would drop then other times just the i****t would drop. most disappointing so I think I'll hold off on the Triple Threat.


That's like saying you bought a Chevrolet but it put you off on purchasing a Rolls Royce. Sure, they're both cars, and both are perfectly fine in their ability to take you places, but one has more features and is in a totally different class - assembly line quality vs handmade craftsmanship. A Triple Threat still may not be your cup of tea, but you really can't make a decision about one based on your experience with the other.
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Veteran user
Arkansas (WooPigSooie!)
368 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2018, inigmntoya wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2018, warren wrote:
I picked this up mainly because I'm interested in purchasing a Triple Threat from Todd Lassen however this set has put me off, it's very noisy, as a single coin it doesn't look very good you definitely need to keep the coin moving, due to the small size it's quite fiddly and I found the gimmick to be unreliable when it come to releasing both the s***l and i****t sometimes the two would drop then other times just the i****t would drop. most disappointing so I think I'll hold off on the Triple Threat.


That's like saying you bought a Chevrolet but it put you off on purchasing a Rolls Royce. Sure, they're both cars, and both are perfectly fine in their ability to take you places, but one has more features and is in a totally different class - assembly line quality vs handmade craftsmanship. A Triple Threat still may not be your cup of tea, but you really can't make a decision about one based on your experience with the other.


Warren: he’s right on Triad Coins vs. Lassen TT. But I stick with my opinion that a set of Transient Coin eliminates being “fiddly” or noisy, PLUS it just looks more magical using coins that HELP YOU to do the effect! At a decent price.
Steph
WHAT IF you woke up tomorrow with only the things that you thanked God for today?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2711 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2018, Stephon Johnson wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2018, inigmntoya wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2018, warren wrote:
I picked this up mainly because I'm interested in purchasing a Triple Threat from Todd Lassen however this set has put me off, it's very noisy, as a single coin it doesn't look very good you definitely need to keep the coin moving, due to the small size it's quite fiddly and I found the gimmick to be unreliable when it come to releasing both the s***l and i****t sometimes the two would drop then other times just the i****t would drop. most disappointing so I think I'll hold off on the Triple Threat.


That's like saying you bought a Chevrolet but it put you off on purchasing a Rolls Royce. Sure, they're both cars, and both are perfectly fine in their ability to take you places, but one has more features and is in a totally different class - assembly line quality vs handmade craftsmanship. A Triple Threat still may not be your cup of tea, but you really can't make a decision about one based on your experience with the other.


Warren: he’s right on Triad Coins vs. Lassen TT. But I stick with my opinion that a set of Transient Coin eliminates being “fiddly” or noisy, PLUS it just looks more magical using coins that HELP YOU to do the effect! At a decent price.
Steph


Perhaps I could have worded it better, I saw an effect performed at an At The Table lecture and the magician said that whilst he uses a TT the effect it could also be done with Triad set which is much cheaper and uses the same principle minus the magnetic function.

As I'm interested in the effect I thought I would pick up Triad just to get a feel for the routine not to compare with Todd's work which I already know is excellent as I've managed to purchase a couple of items off him now.

Having said that when I got the Triad set it was just horrible, when the coin is as a single unit it looks rubbish and when performing a coin roll with it you can hear it rattling about.

It wasn't reliable when it come to un-nesting etc it was just really bad in every way.

Obviously I'm not saying Todd's workmanship is bad far from it but if Triad works in much the same manner it makes me wonder if a more expensive gimmick would still have the same issues.

When you mention the Transient Coin triple coin I have JJ's Coin Coalition which is great but not suited to the routine I'm interested in adding.

Once again just to be clear I'm saying the workmanship for the Triad set that I purchased was dreadful I'm not saying anything about Todd's work Smile
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1595 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2018, warren wrote:
... however this set [Triad] has put me off, it's very noisy ...


What do you mean by "very noisy"?
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1477 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2018, warren wrote:
Having said that when I got the Triad set it was just horrible, when the coin is as a single unit it looks rubbish and when performing a coin roll with it you can hear it rattling about.

It wasn't reliable when it come to un-nesting etc it was just really bad in every way.

Obviously I'm not saying Todd's workmanship is bad far from it but if Triad works in much the same manner it makes me wonder if a more expensive gimmick would still have the same issues.

I have three triple threats from Todd (one copper set and two Morgan sets), and there is no rattle, no noise, the inserts unseat reliably and silently, the tolerances of all three of my sets are scary perfect, and the coins look real whether nested or not. You could easily do a coin roll with a Triple Threat, and a lot of people do, but I’m not sure I would without switching out because as I said, the tolerances are scary perfect and a drop might result in a shipment back to Todd. If that is a dealbreaker, go elsewhere, but don’t compare a Triple Threat with the Triad. I’ve seen the Triad up close with Joshua and the only advantage it has is price. If someone can perform with a Triad, well then ... great! They have saved some money and as tejavoo found out, the routine looks awesome to a spectator. By the way - nice video, tejavoo. However, your complaints about the Triad do not apply to any of the Triple Threats I own.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2711 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2018, BanzaiMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2018, warren wrote:
Having said that when I got the Triad set it was just horrible, when the coin is as a single unit it looks rubbish and when performing a coin roll with it you can hear it rattling about.

It wasn't reliable when it come to un-nesting etc it was just really bad in every way.

Obviously I'm not saying Todd's workmanship is bad far from it but if Triad works in much the same manner it makes me wonder if a more expensive gimmick would still have the same issues.

I have three triple threats from Todd (one copper set and two Morgan sets), and there is no rattle, no noise, the inserts unseat reliably and silently, the tolerances of all three of my sets are scary perfect, and the coins look real whether nested or not. You could easily do a coin roll with a Triple Threat, and a lot of people do, but I’m not sure I would without switching out because as I said, the tolerances are scary perfect and a drop might result in a shipment back to Todd. If that is a dealbreaker, go elsewhere, but don’t compare a Triple Threat with the Triad. I’ve seen the Triad up close with Joshua and the only advantage it has is price. If someone can perform with a Triad, well then ... great! They have saved some money and as tejavoo found out, the routine looks awesome to a spectator. By the way - nice video, tejavoo. However, your complaints about the Triad do not apply to any of the Triple Threats I own.


Thanks for your input.....If I were to send you a PM with my email would you be willing to send me some pictures of your Triple Threat ?
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1477 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Andy Martin on his wonderful site has some pictures of the Triple Threat:

https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/mo......-lassen/

Warren,
pm me with your email address and I will send something to you.

Alan
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2711 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks Alan much appreciated Smile
tejavoo
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of tejavoo
Noise and thickness can be an issue at times with triad coins, but when done swiftly with a little bit of background noise, its essentially a non-issue. I really love the way this set unnests compared to triple TUC. This is by far my favorite coin trick to perform.
tejavoo
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of tejavoo
I need some help with pulling this off.

I am trying to pick up 3 coins from a box , make them vanish one at a time, and have them re-appear in the same box I took them from in the beginning.

How can I do that?

Any ideas on what kind of box I would need ?
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On May 26, 2018, tejavoo wrote:
I need some help with pulling this off.

I am trying to pick up 3 coins from a box , make them vanish one at a time, and have them re-appear in the same box I took them from in the beginning.

How can I do that?

Any ideas on what kind of box I would need ?


Does it have to be a box? Could it be a coin purse? You could do it with a box but you would have to build it yourself.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
811 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
[quote]On May 26, 2018, Matthew Crabtree wrote:
Quote:
On May 26, 2018, tejavoo wrote:
I need some help with pulling this off.

I am trying to pick up 3 coins from a box , make them vanish one at a time, and have them re-appear in the same box I took them from in the beginning.

How can I do that?

Any ideas on what kind of box I would need ?


You could use a normal Okito box here - David Roth has some excellent routines in his Expert Coin Technique Book/videos.

I guess using the gaffed Triad coins, you’d start with the regular coins in the box, switch them out with the Triad Coins and load into Okito Box at the same time (ala David Roth) - do you vanish sequence and dump coins out to conclude. A nice sequence as the coins could then be examined by the spec at the beginning and end of the routine.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
tejavoo
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of tejavoo
Quote:
On May 26, 2018, Matthew Crabtree wrote:
Quote:
On May 26, 2018, tejavoo wrote:
I need some help with pulling this off.

I am trying to pick up 3 coins from a box , make them vanish one at a time, and have them re-appear in the same box I took them from in the beginning.

How can I do that?

Any ideas on what kind of box I would need ?


Does it have to be a box? Could it be a coin purse? You could do it with a box but you would have to build it yourself.



I generally like the "mystery/suspense" associated with a regular box. A coin purse or okito box is also fine, but it just doesn't fit my personality. I would likely use the box in a more formal setting.

Ideally, I'd rather use a regular appearing coin envelope (take coins out, make them disappear, and show they have come back to the envelope...).
tejavoo
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of tejavoo
Quote:
On May 26, 2018, Matthew Crabtree wrote:
Quote:
On May 26, 2018, tejavoo wrote:
I need some help with pulling this off.

I am trying to pick up 3 coins from a box , make them vanish one at a time, and have them re-appear in the same box I took them from in the beginning.

How can I do that?

Any ideas on what kind of box I would need ?


Does it have to be a box? Could it be a coin purse? You could do it with a box but you would have to build it yourself.



I doesn't have to be a box, but a box seems to fit my personality.

If it were a box, I was thinking something along the lines of this product (link below), but on a much smaller scale. Not sure if something like that already exists?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S17655
Mike Criphone
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Mike Criphone
Great job! I have a problem at times smoothly nesting them and the end vanish is tricky for me to look natural, but I rarely practice, just impromptu stuff for friends. Your routine is smooth!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Feedback on my Triad Coin Set? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL