The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Osmosis by Rodrigo Romano (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

academy
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of academy
Hello, I can't find any review of Osmosis by Rodrigo Romano. This looks pretty good on screen.

Here is the video:

https://youtu.be/eE-aZ_FXH98
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I too would like to hear a review of this one.
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
562 Posts

Profile of scott0819
This looks beautiful. There's some familiar moves on the trailer but some new ones too.

But can we please have a moratorium on tricks named 'Osmosis'? Jim Steinmeyer, Sylvain Mirouf, Al Schneider, Alex Lourido, Dalton Wayne all have effects named Osmosis. I'm sure there are others as well.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
1948 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I just ordered this from Penguin. It says it comes with gimmicks. I should have it in a few days.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I have this and think it's total crap. It works how you probably think it works, the gimmick is so fragile and difficult to manipulate properly and the way to hand out the rubber band at the end is just ridiculous. And no, this is most definitely not an instant reset. I would not recommend this to anyone.
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of BrotherJeffrey
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2017, PatrickGregoire wrote:
I have this and think it's total crap. It works how you probably think it works, the gimmick is so fragile and difficult to manipulate properly and the way to hand out the rubber band at the end is just ridiculous. And no, this is most definitely not an instant reset. I would not recommend this to anyone.

It looks amazing! is it just good editing then?
Revolutionary Tools and Teaching for Coin Magicians

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
1975 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I actually like this, the problem here and I told all our customers in our newsletter it requires practice and moves to be learnt.

I would agree one of the clean up moves is laughable but it is workable that way if you think about it, they do teach a better clean up but really all you have to do is switch a rubber band so its not that hard.

The gimmick resets instantly but you do need to put it somewhere which will take a few seconds if you choose to do it the way they show.

I really don't like the way they show how to get the band in play, all you are doing is ringing in a rubber band so it does not need the method shown to do it.

The concept and idea are sound and if you are prepared to learn the moves you will like this , if you expect to take it out of the box and do it tomorrow give it a miss, this will take practice a bit like getting a ring on rope routine nice and smooth it does not come overnight.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Buy it if you want but practice will never guarantee that the gimmick will be handled properly every time. It's a hit and miss due to the gimmick not being strong enough. I don't find this to be worth the practice. Effect-wise, yes (it's why I bought it!) but method-wise, nope.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Osmosis by Rodrigo Romano (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL