The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » One way deck. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jerry
View Profile
Special user
Some where in Florida
736 Posts

Profile of Jerry
For those that are interested in crimps, check out this link:

http://www.theperfectshuffle.com/Breather-Jig/

I have purchased the Stripper Jig and the quality is first class.
Top of my list!

Basically you can make any deck oneway without any visible markings.

Vernon mentioned this on disc 6 and More inner secrets.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
3733 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have used breathers for a lot of things but never thought of a one way deck before. Could be an interesting idea. Also, there is a lot more info on this device here - http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218
www.shadowpest.wordpress.com <~~my cancer story

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Jerry
View Profile
Special user
Some where in Florida
736 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Poof, thanks for providing that link.
MitchC
View Profile
Loyal user
Ventura CA
284 Posts

Profile of MitchC
I bought this do-hicky and made an entire breather deck. Much better than a stripper deck. Yes, a one-way deck that's very useful IMO
Jerry
View Profile
Special user
Some where in Florida
736 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Mitch, now dig out the pamphlet "101 tricks with a stripper deck".
Mr Salk
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
I'm going to eschew the jig for a rubber-ball and mallet.
I'll let you know how it goes..

DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
Coincidentally I was just playing with a breather deck for the first time yesterday (one that is going to be put on the market soon). My initial reaction is that, while the idea is clever and has toy-fun-factor, I am not sure what it brings anything to the table that is significantly better than putting breather crimps in selected cards. You can force a breather and keep track of it...or use a breather as as a key card, which does just about everything Breather Deck does without having to worry about spectators messing up the order with a bad shuffle or dropping the cards, etc.

I can see it might be nice to have, say, any 4 of a kind or poker hand instantly available to do some cutting the aces-style routines, but I am not sure that's worth the deck management.

There is one cool thing you can do with a Breather Deck, which is mix it up and get it into color-separated order just with overhand shuffles, but it takes so long to get there....like 20 shuffles...it loses any practical application and becomes more of a curiosity. So....

Without any further brainstorming on it, I'd probably just stay with a standard deck and a breather crimp here or there.

But maybe I am missing something...love to hear what others think about the use of the deck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » One way deck. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL